Dovetail Games Has Successfully Lost Me As A Customer

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SpDrS42, May 25, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

Don't lose hope in DTG. They are trying their best It will take time for dovetail games to be better as a company for the future of train Sim world always have hope!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

Not to worry, if you buy the latest DLCs on day one, you are part of the beta testing team. Your feedback will greatly help to list out all the bugs that may or may not make it into a future patch two years down the road. Your help is greatly appreciated!

• Like Like x 8
  3. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

You're totally a Hufflepuff

• Like Like x 4
  4. FredElliott

Ravenclaw

• Like Like x 3
  5. FredElliott

Slytherin

• Like Like x 5
  6. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Morning, folks. Some valid feedback here, as well as a lot of squabbling. I don't need to tell you that I don't want to lock this thread, but if it continues in this vein I will.

• Like Like x 5
  7. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I asked about accessibility on the beta program - no point doing it if I couldn't use a RailDriver and wasn't sure if Rail Driver functionality would always be available.

Never got a reply so guess they didn't want me anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Same here, no Raildriver. TBH even if offered on reflection I would not want to spend every single minute of spare gaming time testing. TSW is not my only rodeo, in fact I just got back into Run 8 continuing on with the populated SoCal session and MSFS awaits after the usual several days of reinstalling.

Also Diesel Railcar Simulator updated route editor goes live in the next day or two, definitely want to take a look at that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

The problem on this occasion is that the op has made a very definitive statement ("successfully lost me as a customer") yet kept the door open if things improve, so he's not really given the impression of being a leaving customer at all because, by leaving that door slightly ajar with his latter comments, he's invariably opted for the "if you want my money then fix your game" approach in order to create attention.

I wholeheartedly agree that every paying customer is entitled to any eye-opening opinion, but when those thoughts and feelings just end up being a 'fix your game' ransom note then that's neither opinion nor critisism and therefore defeats the whole point of making yourself heard in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

They have lost quite a bit of money from a few, whether it makes any difference or not who knows. Some of us have spent a lot of money on DLC and in the early days an editor along with various other things was planned. A lot of us want to see tangible improvements. Not posts saying they want to improve but dont have time yet or are working on it but dont know when its going to be ready. Frustration is rife but again if the DLC still sells then I doubt change will occur. I am following whats going on as a change of owner may see a positive or negative direction taken to improving things.

• Like Like x 3
  11. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

It seems several have said this kind of thing, yet non seem to have heard that people can leave a franchise unless they see, what they see as necessary improvements made.

I think it would have been unwise not to state this in a leaving post, otherwise your feedback wouldn’t be taken seriously, as not many would care to see fixed what you want to see fixed if you ain’t coming back at all.

No one would want to waste their time, with going through explaining what’s wrong on game if you ain’t ever going to play it again.

as for the “lost customer” tile, that still applies as they have stated that they aren’t a customer like they were previously, until such things they want to see improved, get improved.

12. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Don't believe invites have gone out quite yet. I'll update the thread in Announcements when we send invites out.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

As a paying customer he has the right to voice his opinion. Why only allow the Good, and hide the Bad, and the Ugly. Apologies to Clint Eastwood and Eli Wallach.

• Like Like x 4
  14. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Never actually got to applying needed to know if raildriver functionality would be present on beta versions as I can't use a mouse.

15. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

They have the right to voice their opinion, they have the responsibility to do it in a civil and constructive way.
    So, hiding the "ugly" Criticism is a good thing, the "bad", that's fine.

16. Projectoverseer

Projectoverseer Active Member

This thread has gone utterly ridiculous, 2 sides arguing yet again over someone's perfectly valid opinion. Yes, I agree that "shitty" is a bit of an overstatement but it is nothing worth arguing about :|.

• Like Like x 4
  17. trainsimplayer

The arguement is - as always happens - no longer about the OP's sentiment.
    It's about what is acceptable in an opinion/feedback relating to content. Referring to content or, as someone did recently in the MML Thread, the developers' workmanship, as "sh*tty" is unacceptable.

But, I think the arguement is now just about Constructive Vs Non-constructive criticism.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mitchellman151

Mitchellman151 Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Projectoverseer

TBH seeming this thread is veering off quite far and off of the OP's opinion, Isn't it time that the thread should be locked to prevent further argument?

Last edited: May 30, 2023
  20. trainsimplayer

Meh, it happens every time someone posts a thread that isn't bang in the middle of the "TSW is Great" <-> "TSW is S**t" spectrum, so may as well let it run out until everyone exhausts themselves of it.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Projectoverseer

I suppose, It makes me laugh reading through all of the replies and comebacks that this thread has.

• Like Like x 1
  22. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Yep, all the news that's fit to print.

23. AtherianKing

when expressing feedback, all should be welcome including the ugly, no need to censor what others may or may not find unpopular views on TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  24. trainsimplayer

If someone berates something as "sh*tty", it's grounds for removal.

25. AtherianKing

they said the quality was “shitty” in their opinion, I’ve never seen people get so offended over such a light word.

must they conform to words such as “a tad bit off” so I’m running away from it. They needed to express it to explain their current departure, otherwise if you use weaker meaning words like “tad off” then it makes it sound like it’s no big deal

removal from what the forums ? An over and un necessary reaction if I ever did hear one…

• Like Like x 5
  26. trainsimplayer

People aren't "offended" by the use of the word, they're simply recognising that that isn't how you give feedback.

No game developer wants to dedicate so many hours to making a product, and see it slammed as "shitty".

Someone in the Midland Mainline thread slammed Skyhook and (indirectly) DTG's staff as having "Crappy Workmanship" - is that acceptable in your eyes?

27. AtherianKing

they are welcome to give feedback in their way, it’s their feedback

they know what they can do, they can’t expect praise if things are off

crappy ain’t a bad word, comments on workmanship start to blame independent employees not address issues

• Like Like x 2
  28. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

Indeed there should be like an early access version which is free but would only last for 10-24-hour
    Thanks JD, I Don't like negativity either or rudeness I think we all should be kind

29. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I never said he can’t but the way he started the thread by “DTG lost a customer etc” then he gave his feedback as an argument ( once again to be clear even though I already said it, there’s nothing wrong to give his ). We don’t need thread of people telling everyone to delete their account or that DTG lost a customer ( they don’t care if they lost loyal or even a normal customer to be honest ). For the last time I hope to be cleared on that as I myself criticize the game and the recent politics that led to a downgrade of product qualities.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

This thread has much more feedback on the feedback than feedback on the game.

• Like Like x 5
  31. AtherianKing

worrying, all businesses should care when they lose customers, of course regardless if they are long term or have purchased the odd time.

• Like Like x 2
  32. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The inability to craft an insult without falling back on obscenity denotes a lack of creativity, not to mention vocabulary.

• Like Like x 3
  33. trainsimplayer

Hence why I quoted "crappy workmanship" and not "crappy"...

I said in either this thread or another - it's fine to have any opinion you want. It's how you say it.
    Calling a product - and, in turn, someone's hard work "shitty" isn't a constructive form of feedback, it's just trying to bash the content and set a negative tone. (Solicitr hits the nail on the head above me ^)

You can complain about it all you want, that's fair. You payed for the content and it is therefore your right to complain if things are off. You don't have the right to, for lack of a better word that I can think of, insult it.

• Like Like x 2
  34. AtherianKing

hence I broke it down to 2 words otherwise I would have just ruled it out on the second, see above…

they’re feedback they’re right to state it how they want, if you think it’s not the place on the forum, press the report button and move on.

• Like Like x 3
  35. trainsimplayer

I've ignored enough posts here with this phrase, more or less: "If you don't like it, press the report button."

There's no rule breaches in 99% of complaints, the only thing they ever breach is decency/humility and your own sense of gratification - as Non-constructive = No improvements.

It's a forum - if I disagree with something I have my right (saying as we're all so up in arms about our "rights" as players here) to respond with my own opinion, rather than hide behind a report button.

The idea that me and, I assume some others, are getting at, is simply:
    • If it's not constructive, it's pointless.
    • If it's insulting, it's worthless.

And unless that view is voiced, then it is not going anywhere. I'm tempted to make a thread on it but then I start to hover near the line into mini-modding.

36. AtherianKing

then if theirs no rule breaches, theirs no problem other than a disagreement, of which others including the OP have the right to use the word some may or may not disagree with, without having to be put down for it based on others points.

share your view all you want, I can’t and wouldn’t see a point in trying to stop that.

• Like Like x 2
  37. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Stupid logic I agree but big studios such as EA or Rockstar don’t care about their loyal customers anymore but the loss is so insignificant that no one noticed it but on the contrary for DTG, judging by the recent lack of quality from their DLCs compared to the previous one if they keep this way they won’t be able to stop the hemorrhage in time and that’ll affect seriously their fiscal year but wait, there’s still a big number of people complaining and swearing they’ll not buy any more DLCs but guess what they’ll do days later…

• Like Like x 2
  38. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Unless you're Australian, in which case the obscenity is just part of the normal everyday language...

• Like Like x 3
  39. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

I think the offending word was "sloppy"...which is all the more bizarre because it isn't even offensive, it's just an alternative word for "careless"....

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

At least for the moment DTG doesn't need to worry about their downward trending user base as they got a nice bailout from Focus that will keep them afloat for the time being. Let's see what comes next. New version that actually runs well? Improvements to the existing version? Season passes like we've seen in other Focus games? Will be interesting to see what comes in the next 6-12 months and if they can recover from the last 9 months of self created mess.

41. trainsimplayer

Or Scottish, Welsh and Irish. I like to think the Aussies get it from us :D
    (We did them a favour if that's the case)

42. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

No doubt, but we've elevated it to a high art-form.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

You have nothing on us retired sailors…. And yes, when I get on a roll, I can make many of the old salts blush, but I try to refrain from such usage in polite society…

• Like Like x 1
  44. solicitr

In the mouth of an old sailor, obscenity can become highly creative.

• Like Like x 1
  45. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

I never understand posts like this.

46. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

To use the word, or not to use the word, that´s the question.

Really?!

A whole community discussing manners and fashions of expression, rather than content? That must be the great new world of discussion culture. Smack talk and its teachings are a product of a bygone era. I´m really getting old ...

By all means, and as a timely suggestion, do swear, but swear in french. Because:

tumblr_m3yo877VyY1rn6jbgo9_r1_250.gif

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  47. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Putain de merde !

• Like Like x 1
  48. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

What a load of old woke BS in this thread and some others. Dearie me! If your not happy with something or think this game should take a certain direction express it how you like. Who cares if some people cant handle a little bit of descriptive language or someone expressing their own opinions. ROFL!

• Like Like x 6
  49. solicitr

I must be old, but I had always assumed that crudity reflected poorly on one, like going out in public dressed in rags. But then again it seems that these days people do go out in rags...

• Like Like x 4
  50. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Can't believe this whole thread is basically revolving around the use of the word shitty!

We regularly have shitty weather, babies frequently have shitty nappies.

It's even in the Oxford, Cambridge and numerous other dictionaries available.

Some of you need to give your heads a wobble and get out a bit more. If the weather isn't too shitty!

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.