The Great Russian Locomotives

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Devs,

I've had the opporutnity to experience russian made locomotives in TS 2018. I drove an all diesel engine and the electric locomotive. The russians have made extremely detailed freight and passanger cars. I can safely say they are experts with modeling, sound and all the fine details. Would suggest to bring this kind of content in. I am so impressed with the level of simulation that the russians did on the locomotives. Has anybody got anything going on in this department officially at the momment? Currently the russian engines, wagons and route are possibly outdated however its not the end of the world yet.

Link to check out all the awsome russian locomotives and routes for TS 2015:
    http://www.trainsimmods.com/tag/train-simulator-russian/

• Like Like x 2
  2. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

I think one of the main reasons why Russian (or many other countries) locomotives are not present in TS and TSW is due to licensing. It doesn't mean that we don't appreciate the players from these countries, however, and I would love to see those locomotives in our games in the future.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Gabe_1.0

Ah I was not aware of this Dmitri, that could explain why they are released as freeware (up to a point). I think there are no updates there if I looked at the links. Thanks for telling me, asking various rail operators first would follow up from player wishes on the forms.

4. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

No problem, yes, that's pretty much why we are mainly focusing on DE, UK and USA routes. This and 'market needs 'as well.

But it doesn't mean that there won't be any other countries featured in the future. Our licensing team is working daily on figuring out 'what's next?'. And we would love to see Russian and other locos and routes in the future.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gabe_1.0

My home country, Romania has the CFR railways. I am not sure if the licensing team has came across romanian railways, there is payware romanian content for TS which i tried out and very happy with. But then again thats made by independnat private buisness. Another plesant experience. Germany has alot of room for expansion on the other hand, there are only electric engines present at the momment. UK has underground tunnels and lots two as well as USA. I don't think we will ever say no to this so new content from here is welcomed

6. david18sych

david18sych Member

Add the Acela Express with NEC: New York expansion to Stamford (North of New Rochelle) and Philadelphia 30 St station (South of Newark Liberty International) with stations such as Metropark and Trenton Transit Center