Tsw Routes Traced Out In Google Earth For No Good Reason

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by raildan, Dec 8, 2018.

1. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Ever get so bored that you trace out all the TSW routes in Google Earth? No? Just me? Ok... fine.

Actually, I've been tracing these routes since the game was announced, wasting time whenever new routes are released. I haven't shared them because... they always seem a bit useless. However, they can help give a bit of perspective to the location of the routes, so whatever. That's how I'm justifying my boredom here.

So, yeah, here they are. All routes are included, even the not-yet-released Northern Trans-Pennine one. I'll update this later, meh. Not enough time right now. Maybe in the future, I can even mark stations/spawning points on these...

To view on google earth, find the "Export to KML/KMZ" option... it's in there somewhere.

Current version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LMpKTnbl5t3Dvrz3f34Hqa2mB1Y9LIwt&usp=sharing

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. NaltaEljest

NaltaEljest New Member

When TSW launched last year I tried to find cumberland yard. I wanted to find out how the route looked and where it ended IRL.
    You did a good job of marking the routes on the map. It makes is so much easier to check out a new route and its real life connected routes.
    Atleast it did for me beacuse I don't live near any of the TSW routes, so I don't really know much of them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

I found this very useful. Have you done any of the routes in TSxx?

4. raildan

Thank you!

Unfortunately, no, that's quite a few more routes. I'm not always that bored! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nick_Brad

Nick_Brad Member

You seem like a useful person to have on a route development team, especially if you would enjoy looking up and adding gradient profiles and speeds etc. In the meantime, i'll take a look at the link you posted.

6. raildan

Ehh... I don't think these tracings are accurate enough for any kind of route development. These aren't exactly track diagrams, just rough tracings of the routes. They'd have to be a lot better than this. I'll see what I can do, but... no promises.

I do like researching that kind of thing, though. Not very thorough with it, either, as of yet, unfortunately.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  7. raildan

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sharpey

Sharpey Member

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. raildan

Sorry about that- link should be fixed now!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sharpey

Sharpey Member

No worries- working now - thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  11. raildan

• Like Like x 3
  12. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. raildan

Sorry- left the map on private. My mistake! I'm sure I'll get the hang of that eventually, there may be an update if anything else is included in MSB.

14. ktr1995

ktr1995 New Member

This is great. I had an idea to do something like this, but i was too lazy ;). I am sincerely happy to see something so informative like this.

Keep up the great work raildan!

• Like Like x 1
  15. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Nice one, thank you for this. It is good to put the routes in context.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for this. This is a fantastic resource. I am new to Train Simulator and Train Sim World having bought both during the Winter Sale. I have since gone on to buy every TSW route available. I certainly don't plan to do so for Train Simulator. The maps you created are fantastic!

• Like Like x 1
  17. raildan

Alright, small update- now that MSB is out, I've updated the map to include sidings around the docks and the branch at Lohr (which I noticed while tracing the route originally and I'm glad it made it in- I like small branch lines like that). Again, sidings at the docks are chosen based off of the map in service mode.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RAphRLlpC6pFMdhNleoNLzTTXTX6I5kS&usp=sharing

• Like Like x 1
  18. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

Thanks again raildan ! MSB is so gorgeous I missed a stop and was speeding a couple of times after being distracted by the scenery.

• Like Like x 2
  19. raildan

I agree! I ended up speeding big time and eventually got caught by PZB on the third scenario- that part by the river near Gemunden is so screenshot-worthy!

• Like Like x 2
  20. raildan

• Like Like x 4
  21. raildan

Renamed the now-announced "Tees Valley Line" and changed a few colors. I'm not giving up on all the routes having a single, separate identifier color yet, although I'm sure it will stop working out at one point... most notably I changed RSN from DB red to a rustier brownish color based off of its freight wagons.

Didn't feel this was worth a new version, and I'm kind of thinking of just completely dropping that and the older versions spoiler thing.

22. raildan

Updated with the not-yet-announced Peninsula Corridor route. Pretty solid evidence was uncovered that yes, this is indeed the "west coast USA" route that will come with TSW 2020 Deluxe, so... yeah I traced it. :P

Link is the same, I have stopped saving the versions separately. I also had to combine the layers into years, previously each route had its own layer but I ran out of them and Google wouldn't let me keep going.