PC Stuck Ai Trains On Main Spessart Bahn

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MJLevy1118, Feb 22, 2019.

1. MJLevy1118

MJLevy1118 Member

Hello, has anyone else been unable to complete services on the Main Spessart Bahn?

I ran two all-stop services last night, going end-to-end across the route from both directions. On my first service, I got about a kilometer outside my final destination of Gemünden when I got a red signal advising that the track ahead was blocked by an AI train. I waited and waited for the AI train to move, but it never did. After 10 or so minutes of waiting, I finally gave up and quit the session.

Also, on the first run, I was driving the 146.2 but couldn't get the destination display to function.

Then a little later, I ran the driving trailer making all stops from Gemünden towards Aschaffenburg . But I made it about 3 stations out before I again ran into a red signal and a stuck AI train blocking my path at one of the intermediate stations. This time, I waited 20 solid minutes for the AI train in front of me to move, but it never did. After waiting, I had no choice but to once again prematurely quit the session.

I'm pretty frustrated at these bugs because the route is very well-made and I was having fun up until I kept encountering the AI bugs. I've submitted a help ticket request to DTG but just wanted to see if anyone else here had encountered these problems.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Do you have RSN installed, if so it could be the 143 that is causing problems. Try uninstalling it then reinstalling it. (RSN)

3. MJLevy1118

MJLevy1118 Member

Update: I've been informed that a patch might be forthcoming which should address these issues. Mods, please feel free to delete this thread.

4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I ran into a similar situation I ran service DB 88108 9am and got stopped at a signal before Wiesthal station, there was a AI train sitting at the platform doing nothing after 10 mins I flew up to the station and opened all the doors for a couple of seconds then closed them and the AI trained pulled away.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MJLevy1118

MJLevy1118 Member

Thanks, I'll try that. Glad it's not just me. Hoping a patch is issued as soon as possible.

6. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Patch has now been issued! That was fairly quick, actually. Full patch notes found here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/tsw-update-notes.15077/

(P.S. I experienced the same issues, so I know what you're talking about. The problem was that no train with a BR 143 could open doors, period. That's why AI trains were stuck at stations.)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. MJLevy1118

MJLevy1118 Member

That was fast! Looking forward to giving the route another spin later.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MJLevy1118

MJLevy1118 Member

Update: after installing the patch, the route now works without a hitch. I'm greatly enjoying it! The route is scenic and the gradients/train operating systems give the driver plenty to manage while driving along. Thanks to the dev team for the quick response, it is appreciated.

• Like Like x 8
  9. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'll bite -- what is RSN and what does it do?

• Like Like x 1
  10. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

RSN = Ruhr Sieg Nord and there were problems with some locos being available on both routes when they weren't supposed to be.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Anthony Pecoraro

It’s been fixed now though.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

nope, it's not ... stuck before the end station,Aschaffenburg, second time ... i give up

Stuck Aschaffenburg.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Jack O'Track

I have found it. Walk to the platform, there's a train waiting on your spot. Climb in the cab, and put the reverser to forward, the driver you cannot replace, but he's a sleep anyway. Leave the train, watch out, it'll take off a soon as you are out. Walk back to your drive, and YES, the light is green. PS I don't like tomb raider, except for the two first versions, but this is something alike, doesn't belong in this game !

PS make this a STICKY !!

Un-Stuck Aschaffenburg.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks!
    You can actually turn switches when in free roam camera mode (8), faster than walking.

15. Jack O'Track

good tip, how do you get in that free mode?

16. Anthony Pecoraro

8 camera

17. Jack O'Track

That's a terrific idea for a time saver ... a built in flight simulator, meant for bug fixing. I'll name my p[layer plan Bug Stinger ...
    Yep, i had the same situation in MS_Bahn. Buggy things like that put me off buying more expensive TSW stuff for now.