How Can I Modify The Southern Pacific Gs-4?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rasucit Nemilos, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Rasucit Nemilos

Rasucit Nemilos Member

On TS2019 there are several problems I'm experiencing, one of which is that the GS-4 (more commonly known as SP 4449) cannot go up to its usual top speed of 110, and it struggles to go uphill. Both of these are unrealistic problems, seeing as the actual Daylight used to speed up Donner Pass. It also cannot pull heavy loads though it was originally designed for freight. I was thinking that ways to solve these problems is to multiply the tractive effort by 1.5, increase air pressure from 90.0 to 100.0, and instead of boiler pressure being 295 - 300, it should be 300 - 305. In my experience the air pressure dropping even 3.5 loses a lot of power, so I think adding 10 would retrospectively gain me a lot of power. Also if there’s any way to stop the PSI dropping at higher speeds please let me know.

Onto the less significant problems that may be harder to handle. I also do not like how the whistle has changed over the years. It’s changed from the famous sound to something between a groan and a propeller. The bell also does not have its usual chime and now I’m surprised it doesn’t drive people insane. The other sound I’d kind of like to modify is the puffing to maybe less of a chuff and closer to the sound of the actual daylight moving. The only other thing I’d change is the front light so the top one rotated like the real one.

Any help with this is appreciated, I’d really like to know how to modify it for myself. Thanks and have an awesome day!

2. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

3. Rasucit Nemilos

Rasucit Nemilos Member

4. Railfan722

Did you download the package or did you actually install it? To install it, you can just open the included .rwp file and copy the folder called "Assets" into your RailWorks directory found at ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\steamapps\Common\RailWorks and overwriting files when asked.

5. Rasucit Nemilos

Rasucit Nemilos Member

Okay I’m going to do that now, thanks for helping me thru it

6. Rasucit Nemilos

Rasucit Nemilos Member

Ok I’ve done that and it worked, now is there anywhere different that I need to put the sound in or do the same thing?

7. Railfan722

Should be the same process - you might want to see if there's a file called 'readme.txt' or some such in there for special instructions that may be required, though.

8. Rasucit Nemilos

Rasucit Nemilos Member

I’ve gotten it all done, thanks for the help! It still has trouble going up hills (and the stupid arched bridge in Los Angeles) but I’ll take what I can get. Thanks again!