Mta Metro North Harlem Line

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Lawjester, Feb 5, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    87.9%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

EDAAEED7-C0CB-4ED3-9C4E-3871384304B9.jpeg 6D542D5F-B762-4552-A059-B6642B0B524B.jpeg
    Above: Metro North M7A
    CBCE4DF6-6854-4EB5-AD43-7D50A0740A92.jpeg
    Above: Metro North M3A

Below: Metro North P32

D0D47746-3099-4DFA-A2F7-A26375200562.jpeg

Hello all! I would like to suggest a route that would be great for TS or TSW. That would of course be the Harlem Line from Metro North. This route provides great industrial and urban scenery and utilizes both electric and diesel equipment. The route begins at New York’s Grand Central Terminal and runs all the way up to Wassaic. From GCT to Southeast station, it runs electric train equipment and from Southeast to Wassiac it runs diesel equipment. Metro North runs 2 different types of electric trains. They’re the Bombardier M7A’s and The Budd Company M3A’s. The diesel equipment is run by GE P32’s. This route also has many grade crossings which are great for those who live their horns!
    All in all this would make up a great route and I would love to see it. Although I do rather the LIRR this would make a great alternative. This would be great for TS while I’d rather the LIRR for TSW. Also, if this is done for TS I would really like a rework for the P32s, they definitely need a big sound upgrade and maybe some better quality updates and much better physics. Same goes for the cab car.

• Like Like x 12
  2. NEC_Male_TC

NEC_Male_TC Active Member

This can be good, but only if it's the full Harlem Line from New York's Grand Central Terminal to Wassaic, NY and not a verbatim remake of the Trainz Classics version of the Harlem Line.

But in all honesty, the Hudson Line takes priority over the Harlem Line (even the full Harlem Line) for sure since there's a better variety of scenery and trains on that section and can therefore spawn more DLC. There hasn't been a freight train on the Harlem Line in over 30 years from what I heard and it's all Metro-North these days. The Hudson Line these days has Metro-North, Amtrak and CSX. Now even though both the Hudson Line and Harlem Line are former New York Central routes, the Hudson Line can still spawn more New York Central trainset DLC than the Harlem Line can because the Hudson Line was where many of the New York Central's famous passenger trains ran, the Harlem Line on the other hand was mostly a commuter-majority route even in the New York Central days.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Lawjester

Point taken. I know that the Hudson line is the more preferred out of the 2 but since a Hudson line proposal was made on the TSW forum already I figured I’d make a stand-alone Harlem line proposal here. I don’t have much of a preference I just want the LIRR and Metro North (Hudson/Harlem) content in general.

• Like Like x 3
  4. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

Hoping we end up getting both in the near future. Preferably, via TSW though. UE4 graphics would do these two lines justice. DTG if you're reading this, bring'em both to TSW!

• Like Like x 2
  5. NJT Railfan

NJT Railfan Well-Known Member

Seeing trains on this line as a child every week, i would really want to see this route come to Railworks! A guy on the workshop has made small parts of it from Brewster to Patterson and it looks great. I was making a better edited version of this from Trainz, but i'd like to see this in Railworks more. I think the Harlem would do in Railworks and Hudson in the same game. Im guessing if DTG makes this route, then it'll come with the M7 and M3 considering its not in the game officially for more people to buy and because most of their routes come with 2 locos. But if they get lazy, its one of the M units and a P32 with shoreliners.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  6. alexpascal0707

alexpascal0707 New Member

Yes, we need the Harlem line, At least all the stations up to NWP, maybe even Southeast or even Wassaic!!! and we need the M3a's!

• Like Like x 1
  7. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

They had better not make either line on TSW, because it will be nothing but short and broken. Here on TS, we can have the full length of the route, better scenery, more DLC, and it should be slightly less broken. Plus for the more hardcore people, the routes can be merged together with the New Haven Line to create the entire Metro North system.

• Like Like x 2
  8. NJT Railfan

NJT Railfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, and more people would be able to run it. Just like me since i don't have a great PC. :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Exactly. Not everybody has a good enough PC to run TSW. I could just barely afford mine, and while capable of running TSW on max settings, it's still nowhere near the best you can get from a gaming PC.

• Like Like x 1
  10. alexpascal0707

And I can help Dovetail make this,

11. alexpascal0707

The metro north changed the cab aspect display unit ever since the Train Simulator shoreliner and P32 came out,

12. Lawjester

Well now that Hudson line is announced for TS19, I hope that DTG has plans to implement all MN lines as an end goal. That leaves us with the Harlem line and of course the Poughkeepsie extension. I hope that when they do eventually take it up to Poughkeepsie, they will include the Harlem line at least to North White Plains, and then later on again, finish it up to Wassaic. Having all three MN lines would be absolutely epic and definitely one of the best railroad systems implemented in any train simulator to date! I seriously cannot wait until Hudson line and I see a hopeful future of more MTA content to come!

Also, we really need the M3s for the LIRR route in TSW which could definitely be ported to TSW and get the proper modifications to make it an MN M3A and also an M2 modification. I will pay good money to get the older M series implemented and it should definitely happen soon because the M7A in Hudson or the M7 in LIRR is not gonna last forever alone.....

• Like Like x 2
  13. alexpascal0707

Not only that but the Harlem line should be in TSW, With M3A's and M7A's.

14. Lawjester

Already have a Harlem line proposal planned and on the way ;). Just doing some research to make sure the proposal is delivered at good standards :).

• Like Like x 1
  15. alexpascal0707

16. alexpascal0707

I have a few cab phots of M3's.