Console 2019 Direction.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rob39, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I know DTG dont like disclosing too much as to not disappoint. Could us console users have a feature article on how things are working out with Sony and Microsoft? If there is an editor of sort on the horizon. What improvements are coming or not coming 12 months on from the 1st release. Is experience helping devs get close to th PC version? Is that a realistic target? Or will we see PC start to pull away from current gen consoles?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  2. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

Ps4 only supports UE4 as a gaming engine. The ps4 almost can not even roll the game. To use the Editor one must have at least 16 GB RAM and 4 GB of Grafic (my opinion).You also need (for a better experience) the PRO version of Windows 7,8 or 10.Hope this helps :|

3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yes almost certainly no route building. The ability to edit liveries and create scenarios should be ok?

4. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Just to add to this that I suspect quite a few PC users will struggle to run the editor due to having an insufficiently specced PC. Not quite sure why the Pro version should help matters?

5. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Hi there, thanks for your questions.

I'm afraid there will be no editor for consoles... not the same as for PC anyway, but I definitely haven't heard anything about any other editor types, so wouldn't put my money on that either.

Regarding our plans for consoles, all I can say with confidence right now is that we are aiming to reduce the difference in time between PC and console releases to a minimum, ideally the same time. That is probably one of our main focuses just now.

If you think that it may be worth having a console-focused Studio Update, then I'm gonna try and pitch this idea to the people above.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

The pro Version is used to comercial (powerful) pc’s and it’s better to manage system capacity and files (used in UE4).

7. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

You also need to load DLCs into the editor (their .pak files to be specific) which is only possible with the PC version so you have to own DLCs for the PC version to be able to load them into the editor, which makes it unusable for console users. How are you going to handle this issue?

8. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

I am not sure I can answer this type of question, your best bet is to ask Matt on our next livestream

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

In that case may I pitch the idea for extra, possibly free scenarios to be added on consoles that use rolling stock on different route.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

How about a thing like 'Rockstar Verified' in GTA5. DTG would pick the best user-created routes and scenarios and put them on consoles for free.

• Like Like x 5