Metro North Railroad Grand Central- New Cannan For Tsw

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TrainHorn22, Mar 10, 2019.

1. TrainHorn22

TrainHorn22 Active Member

Well, New York to New Haven and the new Hudson line for Train simulator released for Train Simulator, Now I believe It is TSW’s Turn to Jump I’m over to the New York and Connecticut route. Maybe we could have an NEC New York Expansion(Next discussion, Follow me to know about it). Well, We’re not gonna add one, Not two, BUT THREE lines for the route I’ve chosen to New Haven Line, New Cannan Branch and the Harlem Line for this due to the Harlem Line not chosen and the Harlem Line and the Harlem line Hugely known in Train Simulator.

Let’s Jump to the Trains we’ll be using, Shall we? For the lead car is the P32ac/dm or GE Genesis Series II for the New Haven Line and the Harlem Line(Hudson line is excluded for now). Built between 1993 and 2001. The GE Genesis has many brothers and sisters on parts of the country like The Midwest, New Jersey, And Even Canada! [​IMG] Lead P32ac/dm#226 Approaches Harlem-125 Street [​IMG] Interior Of the P32ac/dm(For Amtrak, For Metro-North look down for Comments)

Now, Next up is Shoreline IV cab, Behind the P32ac/dm, The Shoreline IV cab entered service in 1996. It’s Max speed is 120 MPH but Its Limit is 90 MPH. The Shoreliner III is based on the New Jersey Transit Comet III. Its Use is on the 3 Major lines of Metro-North Along with the P32ac/dm.
    [​IMG] Leading Cab #6319 Shoreliner IV Approaches Marble Hill Station.
    [​IMG]
    Interior cab of Shoreline IV

I know everyone will ask for this train so, Coming up is the M3(This Should be an Individual due to that Many trains for the route). The M3 was constructed between 1984 to 1986 and Entered service in 1985, A Year after the M3A entered service. The M3 is operated in the LIRR and Metro-North. This can be used for the 3 routes available.

[​IMG] Two M3 cars in the opposite direction at Harlem-125 Street Station.
    [​IMG] The Cab of the M3(More cab photos can be found on the comments)

Next up on our list is upon the Train that has been in the New York-New Haven Of Train Simulator without going from Penn Station, You guessed it, The M8 railcar. The M8 railcar was a replacement for the older, M2, M4, And M6 cars. Built By Kawasaki Heavy Industries, The M8 entered Service in March of 2011. This Train can be used on the New Haven Line and the New Cannan Branch.[​IMG]
    An M8 at the back at Stamford
    [​IMG] The cab of the M8 close up
    [​IMG] Another photo of the M8 Cab.
    At last, The final train on this List is the M7A. The M7 Variant has been released for the LIRR for TSW but the not for the M7A. The M7 Were a way to replace the M1 which was an Electric Train. The M7 is an Electric Third Rail car. The M7 will only be on the Harlem Line.
    [​IMG] A Metro-North M7A Approaches Bronxville Station [​IMG] Interior Cab Of the M7A
    If there is anything I have missed or mistakes, Please comment down and do Upvote this if you want this route included and Also this covers 65.4 Miles(I would have done Bridgeport but that would be a line That would automatically be rejected. Thank you for reading this(This actually took hours for me to make so I would like it if you upvote this. Also, These Photo’s aren’t mine and also I got this info from Wikipedia).

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 17
  2. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Looks nice, though I personally think we have enough passenger routes. After a few more freight routes I would probably buy this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Harlem Line would be awesome hopefully it’ll start in Southeast?

• Like Like x 2
  4. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

we need a break from the passenger routes and a break from New York for a while since the last two US routes where both in New York

• Like Like x 3
  5. Big Papi34

I personally want the Tennessee mountains that Norfolk Southern run through. Though the Cajon Pass would be nice too.

6. MLP Derick

I personally want Norfolk Southern Pittsburgh line

• Like Like x 1
  7. Big Papi34

At least we can agree on the railroad lol. The Pittsburgh line would be great still.

8. MLP Derick

I've been looking forward to seeing the Pittsburgh line and Horseshoe Curve for TSW for over a year the route would look amazing on the unreal engine

• Like Like x 1
  9. Big Papi34

I've never been to the Horseshoe Curve but I know it's quite amazing. Plan on going this summer or maybe even over spring break. I'd love it as a route though.

10. TrainHorn22

A. The NEC New York had a shorter route and NEC, B. Did you downvote it I mean just go make a post yourself about a American Route YOU want C. New York has amazing scenery

• Like Like x 1
  11. TrainHorn22

Well, It depends on what Dovetail will add for the Lines, I would love CSX on the routes tbh with you, but that's what made NEC 4 stops only, No hate intended for Freight, Plus Main Spessart has Freight

• Like Like x 1
  12. TrainHorn22

Who Downvoted this, This took so long for me to make, It was 2 or 3pm when I started, By the time I was done, It was nearly night.

• Like Like x 2
  13. mrchuck

Metro north is awesome I would love to see the entire line on TSW including the Harlem Line

• Like Like x 2
  14. Big Papi34

I upvoted. I would like the route but personally want more American frieght as well as away from CSX. That being said, this would be a great passenger route. Though I hope later on DTG do add Norfolk Southern and other American frieght railroads.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Loyalty

Loyalty Well-Known Member

True we do have a lot of Freight trains in NEC,GWR,RSN,MSB & also passenger trains in
    NEC, RT ,GWR ,RSN ,MSB ,WSR ,NTP, LIRR, but I do highly prefer Passenger Train service over Freight why bc we only driving Freight train to the end of the side of the map back and forth without any really heavy duty behind

• Like Like x 2
  16. Big Papi34

I prefer freight mainly because the trains are long rather than 6-10 cars. Every single TSW route has been based around passenger services expect for Heavy Haul. And trust me, freight trains can have tons of power and speed if on the right route.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Loyalty

Loyalty Well-Known Member

Freight trains are okay in TSW but I just wish it was more interactive with them then, just driving them from one end to the next and that’s it nothing much to do. A passenger trains have local or express services picking up people at stations trying to be on time at every station rather then be late & make other trains delayed. I have driven a few Freight trains in TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  18. MLP Derick

no I didn't downvote it

• Like Like x 2
  19. Big Papi34

Fair point. Though I still love freight.

• Like Like x 1
  20. alexpascal0707

alexpascal0707 New Member

Also the Genesis cab photo is also a cab photo of the Amtrak’s P32. Here is A shot of metro north genesis at part 1:05

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. TrainHorn22

I couldn't find M3 cab photos or even find An Metro-North Genesis Cab, I will edit it to make sense.

22. TrainHorn22

Plus, I'm not gonna Include the Hudson line due to it being on Train Simulator.

23. alexpascal0707

Use mine. Just Credit them to me, "LordAlex".

24. alexpascal0707

PS! The M7A photos are old cab photos. They have a new cab, new everything.

25. camino1961

camino1961 New Member

I've just started using this train sim. Is there content for "Metro North NYC in America available for purchase (see below)? Also New Haven Connecticut. Thank you :) 300px-Metro_North.Bronxville.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  26. mrchuck

Nope but I hope it comes in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  27. mdiaz0880

mdiaz0880 New Member

I grew up my entire life living within living very close walking distance to the Harlem Line, so I would be very excited if Dovetail released the Metro North in TSW! Did you do the route yet? I would love to try it out!

28. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

M7 Metro-North is simply be a reskin of LIRR Version with cab change. 10-12 trains can't go to Brewster due to substation

29. mrchuck

I’m wondering if they’ll create the Harlem line for tsw2 from grand central station to Southeast or the Hudson line from grand central station to Poughkeepsie New York.

• Like Like x 1
  30. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

This would be nice, but they really need to stop just focusing on either passenger or freight for American routes.