Unreal Engine Crash When Loading Any Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by sannan75, Mar 14, 2019.

1. sannan75

sannan75 New Member

Hi there,

I've been posting on the Steam forums but after two months and no joy figured here might be a better place!

Early Feb I bought the trans-pennine dlc and since that time (likely a coincidence but...) I have been unable to play the game. All the menu's and everything work fine, no issues, but as soon as I try to launch the game proper, in any of the base game or dlc sets, and whether it's a scenario, tutorial or service, the game crashes and opens the unreal engine crash dump reporter.

The error is "The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access."

There were no changes to my software environment regarding any non-game software at the time the issue started occurring, but I can't say there wasn't a windows update of some kind.

I have tried everything I can think of, clean installed the game multiple times, with and without all sorts of combinations of dlc content. I've done a complete reinstall of steam, I've tried running the .exe with admin rights, in all sorts of compatibility modes, on my main C drive, installed in a second steam library on another disk, nothing makes a blind bit of difference :(

Googling the error some threads seem to point to a windows update changing some system timings which caused the apps in question to not be able to access the right files at the time they request but obviously there is nothing I can do to change that and what causes the issue for one app means nothing really for TSW I guess.

I have plenty of other Unreal engine games running in Steam, this is the only one having this issue. I've reached the point today where I have reluctantly uninstalled but hoping someone out there can help or have some ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. sannan75

sannan75 New Member

Thanks Daniel, looking at that page the clean boot is the only thing in the list I've not done. I'm reinstalling the game now and will let you know the result of the boot afterwards.

4. sannan75

sannan75 New Member

Ok, so after reinstalling I did a clean boot and the game loaded scenarios fine, but after restarting normally I was able to replay the same scenario fine too.

That's good news but means the clean boot test didn't show me anything this time.

The last time I reinstalled it didn't take long for it to crash once more, if (when) it does I will immediately do a clean boot test and see what happens then update this thread here. All the time I'm quiet it's running fine :)

5. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Glad to hear it's running for now at least. If you have any further issues please send me a DxDiag via our support system:

https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit

• Like Like x 2