PC Delay

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Louwe, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Louwe

Louwe Member

Of course I know that a specific loc. is not being able to drive on any route now, but my thought was that if we are waiting for a new DLC locomotive, why DTG does not make it possible (if it is that easy) to be able to run a random locomotive on any random route as it is possible in TS20 **. I just thought about it without a purpose.

2. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

The impression I got from the TSW Editor Premiere stream is that the way UE4 and TSW interact it is a lot more structured and restrictive than TS20xx. Whilst DTG will be making it possible to have the same loco on MSB & RSN it appears from what I can understand that DTG also need to edit the service mode definitions to add this new loco as a permitted device. Not only that but I get the impression that TSW will randomly choose which of the allowed locos will run any particular service. If true then if most of the other locos were added not only would it involve a lot of extra work for DTG but users could end up with a British loco running on MSB even if they didn't want that. Presumably DTG might then need a new UI to control this which just makes more work. Bottom line I suspect it's not really as easy as it might seem.
    Now I may well be completely wrong in how I think it might work but I really do feel that this type of thing is a lot more complicated than some may believe. Sadly I think we'll just have to be patient until the editor is released along with all the associated documentation and tutorials. I can assure you that I'm not at all happy we have'nt got it yet but I really do believe that if DTG could have got it out earlier then they would have done that.

3. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Matt explained in the latest stream quiet nicely how this works: Every loco has tags associated with it, and for every service in service mode there is a list of tags which a loco needs to have in order to be able to drive this service.
    So if you are able to modify these tags, you can take any loco wherever you want, as fas as tags are concerned. There are however other things to consider: does the route need overhead wires, what is their voltage, are the coupling mechanisms compatible and so on..

4. faber2311

faber2311 Member

looks like old analog tv

5. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

So many people here debate so much online do they actually play the simulator they spend their hard earned money on?
    Its good to debate but sometimes on here its "I'm right, all of you are wrong" sounds like typical train drivers union to me. No one elses comments or opinions matter unless its the popular member of the clan doing the talking.

Just my observation

• Like Like x 3
  6. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that applies to a lot more than just this forum, unfortunately...

7. Louwe

Louwe Member

Uh, if you have the time to read so much and criticize people, doesn't that say something about you? ;-)
    To be honest, I am 53 and have always been a hardworking person, because of diabetes I have a lot of pain and became disabled because my nerves in my feet are damaged and I can't feel my toes anymore, all this in 1 month! In order to have some distraction, I have recently been actively present because I indeed have the time, due to my disability I am bound to my home. Of course I read things that I don't agree with or maybe I do, but I will have to read it first before I can give my opinion. Unfortunately I have the time to read it, but believe me, I would rather not have had the time . I will close with a saying:
    When you point someone with 1 finger, 3 always point to you.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  8. 37114

37114 Active Member

If it wasn't for DTG TSW wouldn't exist.

• Like Like x 2
  9. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

And if it wasn’t for third parties, their previous simulator (TS1) would’ve died a long time ago.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  10. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

^The above is so true. The community and third party are the heart of TS1, and often produce better quality products than DTG themselves. In fact DTG have very little to do with TS1 these days. TS1 would be nothing like it is today if it wasn’t for the two. That’s a fact.

This is why third party and the community is so important to a product, particularly a niche product such as TSW.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Fabrizio520

Fabrizio520 Guest

All true, but the editor doesn't come yet ...

• Like Like x 1
  12. raildan

...but these are good reasons to believe that it will. DTG knows their product would die without it, and they can even partner with third parties this way too release more DLC.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

DTG in September 2018:
    Six months later...

• Like Like x 2
  14. 37114

37114 Active Member

If it wasn't for DTG those 3rd parties wouldn't exist either but I agree with your comment.

15. 37114

37114 Active Member

It's very disappointing now given that they teased us with a preview 3 months ago.

• Like Like x 1
  16. raildan

Schedules slipping proves nothing. There's a reason they usually wait until a month or so before releasing a DLC to say when it will be released. In fact, TSW itself and even some DLC have been delayed a few months.

With the TSW beta, it seemed like they wanted it open around the holidays (that does't seem like a coincidence). So I wouldn't be surprised if we won't see it until a convenient time for them, maybe even as far off as this December.

• Like Like x 4
  17. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Personally I don’t think we’ll see the editor until much later on in the year/towards winter.

Remember DTG said available in the new year, which basically can mean anytime between January and December.

18. Digital Draftsman

DTG in April 2017:
    Two years later...

• Like Like x 2
  19. raildan

So? All clearly did not go to plan. That does not equal cancelled.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Digital Draftsman

Even if it's not officially cancelled, it's at least in what's known in the business as 'development hell'.

• Like Like x 2
  21. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Well there's supposed to be a beta before full release so I would hope they'll start the beta by the middle of the year if not sooner. Matt's said the priority is scenarios so the route building part will probably have a later beta.