North Jersey Coast Line - Two Versions Or What?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ethan TX, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Ethan TX

Ethan TX New Member

Hi;
    I joined Dovetail Live, and received a coupon code for 50% off on a selection of add-ons for TS2019.
    I purchased the North Jersey Coast line, which was listed at $19.99 but I paid only $10 with the coupon.
    Now, I am browsing the store and see that there is another add-on route 'North Jersey Coast and Morristown Lines add-on'. It is also priced at $19.99. I don't know whether I could have purchased this route for $10 with the 50% off coupon or not. It was not one of those shown in the email I received with the coupon code.

I also note that the 'North Jersey Coast Line Route' alone is priced at $7.99.
    So, are there two completely different versions of the North Jersey Coast Line (one priced at $19.99 and one at $7.99)?
    Could I have purchased the combo North Jersey Coast and Morristown Line for $10 with my coupon?

Thanks for your help
    ET

Edit: Now I'm really confused. I did a search in the DTG store and found yet another product labeled 'North Jersey Coast and Morristown Lines Route Add-On' priced at $39.99!
    What gives?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  2. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

For whatever reason, DTG are having their March Madness sale exclusively on the Steam Store and not their own. Regarding the coupon, it probably wouldn't have worked as the North Jersey Coast & Morristown route is a different route - it contains the original NJCL from Hoboken to Bay Head with an extension north to Morristown, NJ.

3. Ethan TX

Ethan TX New Member

So, maybe I can purchase the extension to Dover without having to purchase another NJ Coast Line?
    It's not really that important to me. I just get a bit peeved when I buy something, then see a similar product that appears to be better, at nearly the same cost.
    I guess next time I'll have to do a bit more shopping before I buy anything. OTOH, $10 for the NJ Coast Line is still a great value.

4. Ethan TX

Ethan TX New Member

Did a bit more 'Googling' and found this: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/live/articles/article/better-with-64-bit
    They describe several new routes, including the NJ Coast and Morristown Lines for 64-bit. I suppose the one that is 64-bit is the more expensive ($39.99) compared to the other one ($19.99).
    With my obsolete video system (NVidia GTX 750 Ti 2Gig), I don't think the 64-bit specific routes will perform all that well, so I'll just have to be happy with what I've got. Still having lots of fun with the game!

5. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

I think the reason for the pricing difference is because the Morristown includes the original with a base price of $20 plus the ALP-46, Comet V cab car, and of course the route on top of it. No route is specifically made for 64-bit (all routes work with both versions of the game) but you might notice some performance improvements with 64-bit. It's main advantage is you can have more trains in scenarios as you can use more than 4GB of RAM - all trains and track are stored in RAM at the beginning of a scenario.

6. Ethan TX

Ethan TX New Member

Thanks for the info. My system has 16Gigs RAM, but unfortunately, my video is only a GTX 750 Ti 2Gigs.
    I have been considering an upgrade, but not sure it would be worthwhile on my current 2012 build.
    MSI P67A Intel Core i5 2500.
    My last upgrade was the Samsung 512Gig 850 EVO SSD.