A Brand New Ge Dash 9-44cw Diesel Locomotive In Union Pacific And Southern Pacific?

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by BritishRail60062, Mar 12, 2019.

1. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

From since when I played MSTS from back in the 2000's. I have always liked the GE Dash 9-44CW freight locomotive and to be honest. I am surprised that there isn't a Union Pacific and a Southern Pacific version out for Train Simulator 2019. Being based in Northern Ireland, I realise that there is no BNSF trains available outside the US and this is the reason I have deliberately omitted BNSF from my list of railroad companies that could be included in this new locomotive I am proposing to allow the pack to be sold worldwide without any hassle :).

With TS2019 now being in 64bit. We could have a more functional cab with more controls that are usable and a stronger dynamic brake as I do find that on other trains. It is quite weak when slowing down a freight train. I am not a real life engineer, so I would know this. But what I strongly think that would be nice to have in this new train add-on would be to have opening cab windows and doors, cab, desk and console lights. Althentic sounding horns as per the real trains and the air operator mechanical bell with the appropiate air sounds when the bell is shut off. Proper turbo scream and noise from the GE 7FDL16 power units when powering up and slowing down. Proper functioning combined power handle that would operate the power and the dynamic brake with a "setup" mode. Finally I would like to see the add on have realistic physics that would vary in various weather conditions to really add to the simulation.

The operators that operate the GE Dash 9-44CW as far as I am aware and what I have seen on model trains are listed below:
    Union Pacific
    Southern Pacific
    Norfolk Southern
    CSX
    Chicago North Western
    Canadian National

Those could be included in the non-US pack The US version of this add-on could include the BNSF and the Santa Fe operators in that mentioned pack. The scenarios could include Sherman Hill Pass route that would utilise the UP and the SP versions of the GE Dash 9-44CW. The other railroad operator liveries could be used in custom made scenarios.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

In the US, we could get BNSF and ATSF C44-9Ws (Dash 9s; same thing). I agree with all the other liveries. The CN Peace River Route needs more engines. SP C44-9Ws could be used on Donner Pass, too. We also have routes for all of the proposed locos, except the C&NW engines. We could use them on Sherman with the UP/C&NW Merger.

With the new physics and features, we also need the flashing ditch lights when you blow the horn.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 777Gaming

777Gaming Well-Known Member

You are right about it not having a UP livery, but there is an SP livery that came with Donner Pass. Other than that I agree.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

Ah thanks for for the information about that. Having not owned the route. I was unaware of one that existed in that livery, But I would like DTG to make a new pack that would be more up to date with the extra functions and higher resolution textures as well as do the Union Pacific variant :).

5. 777Gaming

777Gaming Well-Known Member

No problem! Though a better quality model would be appreciated.

• Like Like x 2