Transpennine After Dark

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by fawltyaces, Feb 18, 2019.

1. fawltyaces

fawltyaces New Member

Ran the travelling post office service which is set in the evening. It is literally pitch black for pretty much the whole route outside the train.

The only light on the whole journey is the stations, and even they are very very dim.

Now I realise that locos in those days did not have the powerful headlights of today, so I didn't expect much in the way of illumination, but when passing through suburbs and the likes I would expect to see at least something such as street lights, lights in houses...something...anything! And what about moonlight and the fact that your eyes adjust to see something even if it is just shapes?

It's literally pitch black the second you leave Leeds. Absolutely nothing there.

Is there a setting I am missing?

2. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

It's dark up north! Using an outside camera usually helps a little, but there's not a whole lot to see.

3. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

This is a Sim , so it only simulates the railways in 1980
    Use the guides like “objective distance” and “signal distance”.
    You can also increase only a little the TV or monitor brightness (only if your tv is HDR) but this will not be a realistic simulation

4. hightower

hightower Guest

The actual truth is there is an issue with the way TSW & UE4 use time of day. It’s a bug, I reported it for the PC before Christmas and haven’t heard a thing back since. Clearly a completely pitch black environment is totally wrong.

You’ll probably also find that some of the stations are pitch black too.

Please report it as a bug through the support site. Only by flagging these things up do they ever stand a chance if being fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2019
  5. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

If u are traveling in the 101 at night times, i find if i drive with the cabin lights switched on it brightens the track a little hope that helps