The Coast Starlight

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rasucit Nemilos, Mar 17, 2019.

?
  1. Yes, we need a longer and more varied route!

71.4%
  2. No, the routes we have now are long and varied enough.

28.6%
  1. Rasucit Nemilos

Rasucit Nemilos Member

The Coast Starlight, formerly known as the Coast Daylight (which was way cooler in my mind), stretched down the coast of California for nearly a thousand miles and connected into Oregon where it passed through cities such as Oregon City and Portland. I know that this route would be absolutely massive and probably cost a fortune, but for the right railway with the right length, it’s worth it. This would be the largest route ever added to Train Simulator and would by far be the most detailed and varied. There would likely be at least a hundred locations to depart and arrive, and people could play this for hours on end with any train, from an Amtrak to the SP 4449 (used to be Coast Daylight, am I right?) to the Big Boy and Challenger and everything in between. If anyone added this it would truly be amazing!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I like this idea. We'd get passenger trains, maybe some freight services, and a really long route. It would have to be done in sections, though. If we get this, I'd like to see it done in either the SP days (either 1950s/60s) or in the modern day. SP, UP, ATSF, and/or BNSF freights need to be included. An Amtrak F40PH, Dash-8, or Genesis P42DC could be used for the Coast Starlight. I'd also like SP #4449 and/or ATSF #3751.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rasucit Nemilos

Rasucit Nemilos Member

Yeah and being specific the route would run along from Los Angeles to Seattle

4. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

I don't think it'll be a DTG route, purely as they are still supporting 32bit installations, so new routes do need to fit in 3GB of RAM (that said they do seem to be pushing closer to that limit with the base packs, so adding workshop stuff will need 64bit)