Norfolk Southern S-line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Big Papi34, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

This is a secondary route used by Norfolk Southern. Running 87 miles between Morristown TN and Salisbury NC, coal trains to West Virginia, North Carolina, and Kentucky are common. Most manifest run daily including 135 and have a variety of mixed frieght cars. Though intermodal does not run this route, the variety are frieght and scenery make up for it. Locals are another common sight on this route running back and forth. Engines to include would be a sd70ace, dash 9, and es44ac. Here a es44ac merges off the s line. 086723fc1cb64f797617f7be1351c3a6.jpg Norfolk Southern 4003 and 4005 pull a coal train close to Del Rio. 8517.1482431099.jpg Last, Norfolk Southern 1070 and sd80mac 7217 on the Bridgeport Tennessee sidetrack I caught back in September. Screenshot_20181218-190006_Video Player.jpg Please help me correct information and possibly collect more so this thread can grow and this beautiful route that's commonly forgotten can have a chance of making it to Train Sim World.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 28
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Nice suggestion! Next american expansion need to change colours from blue-yellow(grey) of CSX.

• Like Like x 8
  3. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

after having two routes with CSX in it it's time for Norfolk Southern to take charge

• Like Like x 9
  4. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

More NS loco ideas: Tier IV ET44AC, Genset Switcher, SD40-2 High-Nose, GP38-2 High-Nose, SD60E, etc.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  5. csxfan90

csxfan90 New Member

Well, I live in Spartanburg and I see a lot of NS locomotives at the Gas Station located in Spartanburg, but I think i have to agree with you NS, but (this is my opinion) I think that if Dovetail add NS heritage unit it might be a DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

This does sound like a very nice route! I would buy it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I definately agree we need more variety of U.S. class 1 roads. This would definately be a buy for me if it includes local industries for servicing. Freight with challenging industrial parks and shunting situations, in my opinion, are more realistic for US roads and a great alternative to passenger “Uber” runs and long haul freight pulls.

I can envision some fun scenarios where servicing line side industries, you have to compete for the main line with other services running to complete you tasking.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Big Papi34

Thanks everyone for your feedback. And yes this route does have plenty of locals to run as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

if there's an SD70ACE I'm happy

• Like Like x 4
  10. Big Papi34

I personally would like a sd70acc, sd60e, and dash 8.5.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Big Papi34

Several locals run between factory's. I know about 12 miles from where I live Norfolk Southern let Conagra use a sd40-2 and local crew to switch box cars they use to store food.

• Like Like x 2
  12. jclogan1813

jclogan1813 Member

I really like this idea. Hope they will bring North folk Southern to train sim world

• Like Like x 3
  13. Blackhawk359

Blackhawk359 New Member

Anything with locals and branch lines where we can properly switch will be amazing.

• Like Like x 4
  14. jclogan1813

jclogan1813 Member

[​IMG]

Would be cool to drive one of these little guys in train sim world . lol

• Like Like x 5
  15. jjrodgers15

jjrodgers15 New Member

I want to see CSX A-Line with Kingstree South Carolina on TSW with a ET44 Tier 4 add on

• Like Like x 2
  16. Big Papi34

Make a thread on it then.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jclogan1813

jclogan1813 Member

Its funny , every other day I check the Train sim world site. Hoping to see the next US freight DLC available.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Big Papi34

Should be soon. NTP and MSB were just a month apart. And if it's the same order, it should be close.

• Like Like x 2
  19. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

I am not an American citizen, so I really don't know a lot about 'Merican trains, but oh boy I like this idea. Those blue CSX colors get a bit boring after a while and this route just looks stunning. +1 from me! :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. jclogan1813

jclogan1813 Member

[​IMG]

We for sure need more cars in the train sim world Freight yards. They are to clean and empty. lol

• Like Like x 5
  21. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I agree I find the freight extremely empty, there is one achievement in TSW that cannot be done and that is to build a 100 car train. I would like to see the ability to build your own trains and run them along the line.

• Like Like x 4
  22. jclogan1813

jclogan1813 Member

Now that would be fun! Run a small yard switcher to build a full train. Move over to some larger engines and haul it down the line. Mean while other AI trains are moving stuff around. - That would be cool!

• Like Like x 1
  23. jclogan1813

jclogan1813 Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  24. mahermichael746

mahermichael746 New Member

Yes, I agree, this sounds like a good route for sure. We definitely could use some new freight routes on TSW , but mostly more U.S. tracks.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Nick_Brad

Nick_Brad Member

I'm another that would be open to this, it'd not be too far off from my shortline I have planned.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Big Papi34

Cool what's the short line?

27. Nick_Brad

Nick_Brad Member

It's the Alexander Railroad, so conceivably I'd only have to build from Statesville across to Salisbury to link up to this.

28. Big Papi34

That would be cool. I still need to add more to this thread though. Like Old Fort Loops, yards along the way, etc.

29. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

This would be the first TSW route that I've seen in person (kind of- only been to Salisbury), so yes I would definitely be up for this! Though it is a bit long for TSW at 87 miles, splitting it up and doing something like Salisbury to Asheville could work.

This is just reminding me I have to post my own personal North Carolina route suggestion. Hint: it would work much better as a period route...

• Like Like x 1
  30. Big Papi34

I need to visit the North Carolina area much. Hot Springs is as far as I got. I need to check more of the line. If there's as beautiful spots up there as there is between Hot Springs NC and Morristown TN then it would be by far a great route.

31. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

I honestly don't see DTG putting NS or UP or BNSF in game yet if you notice all the DLC so far has been nothing but Passenger Crap and if you have had the chance to talk to a dev from DTG they don't sound like there going to add anything more than what's already there as far as CSX in the game at the time being.2 or 4 years from now yeah maybe but I still don't see it happening there more about European Passenger DLC than anything look 15 DLC so far and NOT one of these DLC is just a freight DLC .The reason why we havened gotten another American Freight Route or Locomotive brand in game like NS is because that little problem where they can't figure out how to add loco's from another Route to a New Route which we all know why that is because there just going to Reskin all the CSX locomotives as another Railroad and say IT'S NEW CONTENT which is wrong because CSX an NS have a lot of differences with each other,So with that being known asking for NS or anything American in game besides what already is there is just pointless at the moment.You can clearly see they don't listen to there Player's on what we want.because right everyone on here wants more Passenger Service Crap.DTG should have just called this game Train Sim Passenger World because that's all I see ever.CSX Sand Patch Route was used to bait us in as suckers,3 years from Beta and only 1 Route that's just Freight that's SAD !

• Like Like x 1
  32. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

If anything the Route that DTG will probly make as Freight DLC first will most likely be Horseshoe Curve Altoona PA as NS Route,only because if you notice there DLC Routes are steering always from cities and more towards wilderness Routes which makes Horseshoe Curve Route a better choice that and because they already know the route better.Which I already know what ever Route they make for America will be a Ghost town route like CSX or even NEC route little to know trains or life around.I mean look we don't even have vehicles that drive over or through railroad crossings in game REALLY DTG REALLY or NO sand jack use in game ah and multiplayer were's that at yeah.it's like trying to polish a turd it will always be a turd.another reason why I play other railroad games than this because TSW is Boring especially there services game mode take train to set location and done No stopping for signal's No building a train No local runs No power moves Nothing just get in train and drive from A to B and that's it makes for Horrible gameplay

• Like Like x 1