New To Train Sim World On Xbox One X And Have A Couple Of Questions!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Kidbooo, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Kidbooo

Kidbooo New Member

Hello everyone,,
    I'm loving Train Sim World Founders Edition and plan on picking up the full release. Have enjoyed learning and experiencing a realistic train sim. The realism is immersive and the trains feel great. However, in terms of the gameplay besides actually driving the trains, is it just me or am I missing something? In the showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ vidmate.vet/ scenario West World i'm as we speak, waiting for departure at 18:30, so I have 15 minutes to prepare the train and then..? I actually just sit there and wait for 15 real world minutes? I'm writing this post WHILE waiting. And if that's how it is because hey, that's what comes with the actual job, then cool, I can go make a coffee. Or is there something else I'm missing that I could be doing/checking out in-game while waiting?

And also, does anyone here know if the full release will see improvements to the world around? Other train drivers sitting in the drivers chair don't even move when they're driving the trains. And there was about 7 passengers on my train that are the same character model.. Would be cool to see some more realism around that stuff. Maybe some tipped mattresses or people spraying tags along the journey? Would be cool.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

I mention exactly the same thing when I first started playing and was pretty much told "it's a sim, live with it".

Which is fine if you want the whole sim experience, but for those of us with limited gaming time a fast forward, or skip to event option would be nice.

3. GMAN001

GMAN001 Member

A fast forward or skip event feature needs to be implemented. I hate sitting around for 20 real time minutes, I want to play the damn game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

You can always go back to the mainmenu and load directly into the next service if you wish so.

5. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

You have to remember this game is a sim first. So realism is number one priority. Extra features like achievements, fast forward feature, and other things like that are not a priority.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

I've just done four services in the Class 43 in GWE driving with the HUD turned off and relying only on signals and route knowledge and I totally agree with volvolover - the more you treat this game as a sim the better it gets.

7. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

Other things like fixing bugs :love:

Nothing wrong with realism being number one priority, but why start a scenario where you walk from a platform to another platform to get to the train you're driving and then have to sit in the cab for 15 minutes, in real time, waiting until the departure time? Why not just start the scenario 10 minutes later?

One could argue that magically appearing on a random platform is not realistic either, why not have to walk from the car park where you left your car? :)

It's a niche product as it is, why put off more casual gamers with making them sit for 15 minutes twiddling their thumbs?

• Like Like x 1
  8. GMAN001

GMAN001 Member

I agree with this.

It's going too far to be 'Sim Perfect'. Similar to what the poster above said; Why not start the day with you in bed and the alarm clock going off. Then you need to manually go to your kitchen and make breakfast in real time. Then drop kids off at school before finally arriving to work to sign on and start driving trains. There could also be an option to 'Call in sick' so you can skip playing the scenario altogether!

It's a Train Sim. We just want to drive trains. Implement an optional skip feature to speed up waiting time. That's it.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Mr Blonde V

Mr Blonde V New Member

I understand your point, but honestly they really don't need a fast forward or skip time feature in services mode.

If time is a consideration for you when playing this, the best (and easiest thing) to do is just out the the menu after completing a run and select the next one so you don't have to sit around waiting.