The Coast Starlight Route

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Rasucit Nemilos, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Rasucit Nemilos

Rasucit Nemilos Member

The Coast Starlight, formerly known as the Coast Daylight (which was way cooler in my mind), stretched down the coast of California for nearly a thousand miles and connected into Oregon where it passed through cities such as Oregon City and Portland. I know that this route would be absolutely massive and probably cost a fortune, but for the right railway with the right length, it’s worth it. This would be the largest route ever added to Train Simulator and would by far be the most detailed and varied. There would likely be at least a hundred locations to depart and arrive, and people could play this for hours on end with any train, from an Amtrak to the SP 4449 (used to be Coast Daylight, am I right?) to the Big Boy and Challenger and everything in between. If anyone added this it would truly be amazing!!!

2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I like this idea. SP #4449 definitely needs to be included. Maybe we could get ATSF #3751 for an excursion, too. Diesels could be SP, UP, ATSF, BNSF, or Amtrak. I think the route would need to be made in sections, though. It is really long.

3. Rasucit Nemilos

Rasucit Nemilos Member

True, you’d need a massive processor to do that, I just kind of always wanted a route that was over 200 miles long where I could keep the daylight going 70 miles per hour almost constantly