Fishing Sim World Lago Del Mundo Out Now!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DTG_Stephen, Mar 19, 2019.

1. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

InGame_1920x1080.jpg
    Set in the hot, sun drenched region of Andalucia in Southern Spain, Lago del mundo (Lake of the World) has a reputation as a serious big fish venue.

Covering over 1000 acres, this is the first lake to give the option of fishing from static locations (pegs) around the lake or take to the water in the brand new rigid inflatable boat, the Haichou Levante. Fishing from pegs around the lake offers you the chance to fish for monster catfish that have grown to 200lbs in this rich environment and carp to over 70lb.

Jumping into the RIB will let you explore the vast environment and spin for largemouth (black) bass to try and land some of the named trophy bass in the lake. There are also zander, pike and perch out there for you to catch.

Lago del mundo offers you the variety of fishing styles and species to suit everyone's tastes. Plus it has the size of fish that you will normally only find in angler's tales!

Lago del mundo is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Xbox One - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/fishing-sim-world-lago-del-mundo/bzhcsd13lg16?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

PlayStation 4 Europe - https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP2866-CUSA12376_00-FISHSWSPANISHLAK

PlayStation 4 US - https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP3004-CUSA12494_00-FISHSWSPANISHLAK

Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/978880/Fishing_Sim_World_Lago_del_Mundo/

Dovetail Store - https://store.dovetailgames.com/ref/978880

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

200lb Catfish :)

3. booboo98

booboo98 New Member

This lake is BROKEN they snap at over 200 distance and if that didn't get on my wick enough when you get a good fish in the net dont work and again SNAP not best pleased !!!!!! so hows everyone else getting on ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

yes i agree. lost quite a few catfish at 225 yds out using 50lbs braid. i also lost 7 catfish in the net as well. i suggest we need stronger line at least 100lbs or longer line maybe 500yds. we need something. to pull the big catfish in. the biggest i caught was 120lbs.

im enjoying the new lake and im not complaining but the fishing takle we have is not good enough to hold the catfish. i used 12ft and 13ft rods and heavy reels but could not bring the catfish in when they go over 200 yds we have no chance with them

5. Blutengel27

Blutengel27 New Member

Can you guys fix the net problem it sucks when you are fighting a cat for 5 a 10mins and you can net him but then he snaps off plz fix this

6. Jhuffman360

Jhuffman360 New Member

I'm now wishing I hadn't bought this lake why try to catch big cats and you can't even land the fish gets to 223 yes and instant break with 50lb braid and tension set as high it would go and there's no stopping the fish it's quite annoying if your gonna add monster cats at least give some line or gear that is gonna help us land the monsters I mean megaladon wasn't this hard and on euro fishing you had 30lb braid that was it

7. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

I suggest using the 9ft haichou rods as they have a slower action which puts more pressure on the fish hence them not running as far i only know as caught 3 scales of the road lake took me to 120yds with the 12ft rod and only 60ish with the 9ft i was fishing 30yds out with 50lb braid and used the same reel. See if that helps also try a reel with a low gear ratio i.e 4.1.1 as that helps me haul big fish in quicker

8. Dave Mel

i watched a stream yesterday on youtube by DTG and they had the same problem of cats taking them out 220yds and snapping them. So i assume they are aware of the problem

9. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

Beautiful lake. Monster Cats :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. battousaid1

battousaid1 New Member

Will there be a bug fix for this lake

11. Tez ADI

Tez ADI Member

I’m getting the same snapping line issues when attempting netting, regardless of drag setting and rod position... ive had the same 110.8 catfish 3 times from the same place, and even some of the 40/50 pound carp are snapping my 50lb line after netting shown.. i had one carp for over 15 mins showing the net symbol but it wouldn’t come near the shore... 20 mins and the line snapped... very frustrating...

Also, is anyone else finding the game freeze momentarily on frequent occasions... its like its attempting to buffer and then its fine for a couple of minutes before it buffers again.

12. Dave Mel

yes i had freezing and buffering. but i was online with some friend and they had the same problems. i didnt have carp snapping me. i actually caught a boss, daveys fish.60 lbs. i just had problems with the cats oh i forgot a tench snapped me as well

13. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Some tips on how to land the giant catfish from the shore.
    - Use the heaviest line: 50 lb.
    - Use a longer rod. The extra length would give you more leverage when pumping the rod.
    - Starting distance of the fish matters. On 50 lb it can still take your line out at least 90 yards. So if you catch the fish at say 150 yards, you're more likely to lose it.
    - Getting a perfect strike helps.
    - Adjust your drag appropriately during the fight. You'll be pumping a lot and make sure the tension is at maximum during these pumps.
    - Always reel and pump the rod sideways or up. The game here is to close the distance between you and fish. Pumping the rod will make it easier to do this and you'll notice the distance would tick down. At times, the fish would still pull your line even while pumping but there are also times when the fish slows down and this is where you can make up on the lost distance. See next.
    - There a moments where the fish's swimming force dips. You'll notice this even when you're pumping, the tension doesn't go very high. At these moments, whack up the drag to make it up. But be careful that the fish can recover and you'll need to put the drag down again to avoid topping the tension.
    - You only need to pump at the initial stages of the fish fight when the fish has a high energy. Over time, the fish will tire out and it's easier to reel it in.
    - When the fish nears you, you may need to slow play it till it's energy completely depletes. The tension can spike as it tries to get away from you during this moment, so keep your drag at a reasonable level so that the tension doesn't top out. Just wait it out by keeping the fish near you as close as possible.
    - When the net icon appears, get the fish as close to the player as possible to net (keep pumping the rod).

14. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

So what we are saying is the game has a more complex fighting system by design than a bug? - If so, I welcome this as the long fights with big fish do become mundane with very little need to do anything special bar waiting out time! I have held off downloading this after seeing the breaking problems so far.

15. Dave Mel

ive just done 3 hours fishing using your methods as you stated above. i did have a better day. but if you hook into a monster cat i still have no chance of pulling it in. no mater what drag i put on 45 lbs and 13 ft extreme rod and 50 lbs braid. i still got took out and snapped at 220 yds. i also got snapped in the net with 4 cats i dropped the drag down to 35-37. i think maybe you could give us a reel with at least 500yds of line to at least give us a chance of hauling the big cats back. im knackered now with fighting cats hahahaha. for the record i caught a 127, 101, 96,90, 86, and a few other cats

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

Are you guys using your trolling motors? If in boat that is. The boat itself is a tool for landing big game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Crazygrandpaw

Crazygrandpaw New Member

This lake is very cool

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dave Mel

no i dont use the boat. i cant see the point in boat fishing for cats. they'ii certainly take you for a ride down the lake unless you have a good anchor lol.

19. Rustystork

Rustystork Member

@ dtg Stephen : the netting problem is not only by big cats I have it also by little carps but it's random sometimes I can net one and sometimes it's impossible to net one and I have many game crashes randomly, something is wrong with this lake :-(

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dave Mel

yes there are lagging problems as well especially when online in multiplayer. ive had problems with 2 and 3 friends in multiplayer. just to check that is was not my problem my Friends each had a go hosting the multiplayer. they had the same lagging problems and it also happened today and yesterday and the day before.

21. Rustystork

Rustystork Member

And again I lost 3 good cats because I can't net them it looks like they aren't tired when the net symbol shows up, please fix this problem dovetail

• Like Like x 1
  22. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Where on the lake have you been when you were unable to net a fish?

23. Rustystork

Rustystork Member

the peg on the bottom from the map I fish always next to the stone wall the 3 cats I lost today wasn't boss fish I think because they are too small but like I said I also lost carps on this peg, I play on ps4

24. Dave Mel

i was loosing fish in the net costa carpa just the cats i was loosing.

25. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

Theres alot of things the game has that people dont realise. One im curious about is i sometimes feel like i get bites. Just thumps. Not hooksets but i will feel a thump as im reeling in and i wonder if thats really a fish trying to hit my lure or just a bug. DTG STEPHEN are these actual bites?

26. battousaid1

battousaid1 New Member

I’m having the same issue when I’m able to bring them in but can’t net them no matter what I do or try

27. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

Above

28. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

This same issue has been present in Euro Fishing since 2016. Line not strong enough for big cats. It never got fixed and till this day you will constantly just get spooled with big cats. Sad to see that it's yet another issue that ported over to this game. And I really hope this time around DTG does something about it and don't just let it be and frustrate the players like they did with the same issue in Euro Fishing.

29. Tez ADI

Tez ADI Member

Top peg for me bank side facing the main body of water (left hand side in small expense of water)

30. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

So against my better judgement I downloaded this water thinking how bad can these issues really be? I had Euro Fishing and managed eventually to net Megladon at 150lb.

So about an hour of game play the following I experienced and this was over 3 different pegs top, middle and bottom over the map.

1) Fish running 200 + yards ala Euro Fishing and snapping off.
    2) Fish at the net not being netted, just aimlessly bobbing about in front of me with the net icon before yes, snapping off.
    3) Continuos freezing while playing fish. Only for a short second each time but something is definitely not right.
    4) The very top peg, fish getting stuck at the top of the inlet on the shore line before yes...snapping off.
    5) Me turning off FSW and nearly throwing my PS4 out the window.

Now come on Dovetail. That was an hour's gameplay and I suffered all of the above 4 constantly. So how does this get released? Do you guys just see if it loads up and say that's fine? None of these were hidden glitches that after hours of gameplay it happened out of the blue.

I was really looking forward to this water and getting into the big cats but its unplayable.

That sinking feeling of the past where you see your line yardage go 150 + at the speed of an accelerating F1 car knowing the inevitable red line is coming and there is nothing you can do about it.

P.S I tried your tips DTG_Stephen and I saw nothing that told me that I was the problem and not the game dynamics that are broken. Sorry.

As you can tell I'm frustrated, very.

Please sort it !

31. Rustystork

Rustystork Member

The only way to catch a boss cat is to fish from boat and when you hook a boss cat u have to chase him with the trolling motor, It works I tried it but I want to fish from a peg I don't like boat fishing :-(

• Like Like x 1
  32. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

It seems to me that the FSW has problems in AI of the fish. As always the DTG adapts the game to the Xbox base version, that is, the game engine of PC may be influenced by this, since it is similar to the TSW case.

33. Dave Mel

i tried yesterday on the boat but could not find the big cats. i could only catch the 50,60,70 lbs ones and had no trouble hauling them in and didnt have to chase after them

34. PD45

PD45 New Member

Check out this YouTube video, I watched it a couple of days ago..., 168lb 5oz - landed 34:15 minutes in.

35. PD45

PD45 New Member

Thank you Dovetail for Fishing Sim World, very enjoyable, I am looking forward to all of the new updates and DLC fisheries to come.

I've reached level 50 in Fishing Planet and level 25 in Ultimate Fishing Simulator and enjoy them both as well.
    (FP - I purchased the Starter and Sports pack in the beginning and a Kayak at app. level 10)
    I do feel that FSW is a lot more fun, and not as hard a grind as FP and/or UFS.

I play FSW and Euro Fishing on my XBox One S and on my PC on Steam, I just Love Fishing.

• Like Like x 1
  36. battousaid1

battousaid1 New Member

This net bug has to get fixed or something twice now back to back after 10 mins on both of them get them in to net keep pumping the rod and not even coming close to the player until the line snaps. Talk about mad. I really hope dtg fixes this soon. Don’t get me wrong love the game and this lake it’s just really frustrating when the line keeps snapping on the net icon and I’m using the 13 foot pole and 50 lb line and still keeps happening let’s just say I had a few choice words to say last time it happened

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  37. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

And BTW , this broken mechanic is not only at this lake. It's at Waldsee as well. Can't land big cats at Waldsee at all anymore. Same issue. Fight fish until net icon appears. Fish just keeps swimming away. Can't get fish close enough for the netting to activate no matter what you try , fish snaps off. This happens with anything over 70lb. A global broken mechanic in the game now. So glad I didn't buy this lake and definitely won't until this gets fixed.

Spot on bud. And it's broken at Waldsee also. Glad I didn't buy this lake. Their mechanics are simply broken.

38. frailkrazykev

The video PD45 shared sort of proves my point that smaller rods with a slow action are better for big fish as they bend less putting more pressure on them tiring them quicker

• Like Like x 1
  39. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Actually in this game it's the other way around. The short rods bends a lot while the long rods only the tips bend , which is completely wrong way around.
    He just got lucky there , on the moment the netting icon appeared the fish had lots of momentum towards him and ended up close enough for the netting due to that momentum in the right direction towards him. The fish actually just swam into him

40. frailkrazykev

Yeah the short rods shouldnt bend as much as the longer rods, their logic is wrong, however you tend to agree wikus with me, in real life most big game rods rarely exceed 10ft in length and bend to just above the halfway point of the rod

41. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Well it's definitely not just this lake. The reel-in and netting mechanic is globally broken in the game now. I have tested 4 different lakes today fishing from shore. All have the same issue. When the net icon appears the reel completely stops reeling in line and stop bringing the fish closer. You have to rip the rod backwards in order to force the fish towards you for netting. On every fish that is too heavy for this ripping of the rod to succeed ( like the big carp as well ) the fish just keeps swimming away and snaps off. Mechanic is completely broken now. The only way netting works is if you are lucky and the fish swims towards you with momentum at the moment the net icon appears thus swimming into you or if the fish is small enough that you can physically rip/pull it towards you with just the rod as the reel stop reeling in line when net icon appears. Major game breaking issue on all lakes with big carp and catfish.

42. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

The only way I can find partly around this netting issue is once the net symbol comes up completely lossen off the drag and stop reeling. The fish seems to float towards you and most of the time it allows you to net it. Ironically the more you try to bully it in, it seems to have the opposite effect and the fish moves further away. Obviously I doubt this is by game design this new problem otherwise they surely would have announced it as a new feature.

43. Rustystork

Rustystork Member

They have to fix it it makes no fun to play how it is now, it reminds me of euro fishing and how frustrating it was to catch meg there and now again problems with big cats :-(

44. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Not just cats. Carp as well. I lost few carp at Bergsee yesterday , and they weren't even very big. Same issue , net icon appeared , reel-in stopped working and fish just kept swimming away and snapped off. All the euro lakes with carp and cats are broken now.

45. Rustystork

Rustystork Member

Yes they have to fix the netting for all I lost carps too

46. Charis

Charis New Member

I have found a solution that at least works for me concerning losing fish when netting them.

What I do, when the net icon appears, is turn the drag way up high to between 45 and 50 or even higher while moving the rod up or up+sideways to drag the fish close to me. I haven't lost any fish since I started doing this. I've caught lots of big carp and even some 135 lbs cats on Lago del Mundo with no problems.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  47. Dave Mel

Today i lost 5 big cats. 2 at 225yds, 1 at 200yds. 2 at the net. grrrr im getting very annoyed. i also caught a few under 120 lbs they are easy ones to catch. but when you hook into a monster not much of a chance of getting them in. my biggest cat so far is 154 lbs.

48. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

Try going to the place that ends with “ensenada” in the morning on a clear sky. Also, if your in a boat you can catch those cats. You can chase them all around the lake if you have to.

49. Dave Mel

Thats where i was today i spent about 5 hours fishing. i have no problem when netting carps. just the monster cats. dovetail are aware of the problems with the cats and netting. as this problem is now happening on other lakes. i have just been reading a post from dovetail on facebook about this.

50. Crazygrandpaw

Crazygrandpaw New Member

Wow Dtg lets get this fix please