Strasburg Railroad

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by fanmail2tsmgl, Mar 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. fanmail2tsmgl

fanmail2tsmgl Member

0.jpg
    Also called the road to paradise, I'd like to see this vintage shortline get added to TS. It has lots of stuff to do, tourist trains and some freight interchanges w/ NS. It'd be great to see this get added.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Gameoholic1994

Gameoholic1994 New Member

It would also be great if it was complete with the Leaman Place junction, the Harrisburg Transportation Center, and a full set of engines and coaches like the 475.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Actually instead of TS, I think the Strasburg Railroad would be a great addition to TSW, since it's definitely short enough. It would be a great introduction to steam in that game. But there would be challenges. They'd have to work the run arounds at either end of the route into service mode and they'd also have to make a lot of new custom objects for scenery. You'd have to nail the look and feel of the Amish country to really make this route work.

I guess I'd like to see it, but at the same time I wouldn't like to see it, because I go to Strasburg almost every week during the summer and I know the route by heart. Therefore every tiny little inaccuracy would stand out like a sore thumb to me and potentially ruin the route. That's just me though. I still think it should be done in either TS or TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Cold Warrior

Cold Warrior Member

I made this very same suggestion for TSW route suggestions. Please find and up vote mine as well. If we get a lot of votes they might take the suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

We NEED this for TS19! It would be so fun, since it gives a nice break from the modern routes. Since the line is so short, maybe they could add more detail to everything, for example the yard in Strasburg. Instead of using a bunch of default assets, maybe they could make some custom ones. I would rather see this in TS19 than TSW since TSW feels a bit clunkier and less involving, if that makes sense. There's lots of distractions in the cab, and the controls just generally feel clunkier and harder to use.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Cold Warrior

Cold Warrior Member

Well my thought was these forums help support each other so one or even both games get the route. Because the more attention this route gets the better. But since you as an individual wants to be enemies. I'll just down vote your comment.

7. Random Railfan

Oh sorry I didn't know I couldn't just express my opinion.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Cold Warrior

Cold Warrior Member

We go about once a year. That could be a problem. Being a short route they shouldn't be too bad I hope. I'm curious about how they would handle the outdoor equipment at museum across the street. Best place in the region right now to see a operating steam locomotive.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cold Warrior

Cold Warrior Member

You're the one that can't all around supportive. Since you must have both games to have an opinion on both. If you have both games you'll be able to drive the it either way. Maybe TSW players want steam locomotives.

10. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

I honestly would like to see Strasburg railroad be made for TS19. I was there for the day 1 open house of the 460 "Lindbergh Engine" my favorite steam locomotive at Strasburg RR.I think if it was made dtg would have to add #90 2-10-0 and #475 4-8-0 locomotives with maybe there 44 ton yard switcher and open and closed Pullman passenger cars to make it worth the money of a 2 mile route.The only problem I see is how they would make the Ghost Whistle to sound and look right and Not have it look like a joke.Love Strasburg RR been going there 40 years. Or make SteamTown USA in Scanton PA would be awesome too given the Big Boy is already and freight and passenger travel always yeah

• Like Like x 2
  11. Random Railfan

Well this is a TS19 forum, and I do own and play TSW. I just said that I wanted the Strasburg Railroad on TS19. That is literally all I said. Stop being so butthurt and acting like everything is aimed at you.

• Like Like x 3