PlayStation In All My Many Years Of Gaming, Main Spessart Bahn Is The Biggest Rip Off I've Ever Purchased

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DXR8002, Mar 20, 2019.

1. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Nearly 50NZD for recycled locos and stock, a hideously boring route, poor background assets, awful frame rate. This has been a wake up call to think very carefully before pulling the trigger on any further routes, the pricing is just disgusting.

For anyone on the fence, do not buy, don't make my mistake.

• Like Like x 5
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I personally didn’t buy it because of the sameness to RSN. I guess I would see a difference if I was a fan of German routes however at £26 in the UK I have to be absolutely sold on it first to shell out that much. For the two UK routes and additional engine that came out I didn’t have a hesitation as I think they were quite unique. I definitely get where you are coming from

• Like Like x 3
  3. RailWorkshop

RailWorkshop Member

I did not purchased any DLC for TSW as I always saw many people actually complaining the issues with each release.

4. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

Fps are really bad and price too.

5. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

From what many have said, it is good DLC, however, I do believe that in addition to RSN it isn't worth paying full price for both in return for the level of content and similarities.

I have hesitated buying it because RSN didn't appeal to me and I want to see user feedback after a few weeks as to the new DLC.

The UK DLC was a no brainer for me with the content it came with, as someone has said above.

I have had Train Sim on the PC in the past and the additional content for that was often well worth the asking price, not to mention the generous DTG sales outside of the influence of Sony or Microsoft stores.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Dont see it that way at all. This is the best route DLC to date. Its has new features. Extremely busy in terms of AI. Lots going on with signalling. Variations of slow running (like RSN) and faster stretches. Learn Sifa and PZB you might start to enjoy it as I am.
    If you enjoy running the 101 on NTP for its demands on the driver, and you are willing to learn a new system. MSB demands more but rewards equally.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  7. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

How many times are we going to pay for the same stock ? I mean put 2 differents prices like if someone got RSN why paying twice for the same stock ( BR 185, 143 and 766.2 )

8. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Actually the dosto is a slightly different variation of the one in RSN. But it is essentially the same.

9. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

I made a similar point, in a post which received 21 upvotes, before MSB was released: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/tsw-coming-soon-main-spessart-bahn.14974/

I see this as DTG exploiting the fact that there is no TSW Editor, which prevents the user from making use of their rollingstock across all their routes. This is why DTG haven't developed two German routes with the same rollingstock, back to back, for TS2019; People just wouldn't accept it, because they'd see it for what it is, charging for the same rollingstock twice. It's one thing for the TSW Editor to have been delayed for over a year, but another thing to exploit that fact for profit.

The best way to combat this behaviour by DTG is to not purchase this DLC or any others which are developed around the same principle. If people were a little more discerning with their wallets, every DLC would come with two or three new locomotives and a decent length route wth an original appearance and feel to it.

• Like Like x 5
  10. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

If that were applied to all of the dlc, and everyone followed it, all the broken dlcs would be fixed in record speed. As would the duplication of rolling stock. The only dlc I bought was WSR. I would like to buy TP, but not while dlc's are being thrown out, without any aftercare, before moving on to the next dlc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

The variations are that in RSN the control car of the Dosto has a first class zone while the MSB not