Sydney Trains T4 South Coast/illawarra Line (sydney Central - Bomaderry)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BraveKnight, Dec 18, 2018.

1. BraveKnight

BraveKnight New Member

The South Coast Line (Part of the T4 Eastern Suburbs and Illawarra Line), which runs between Sydney Central and Bomaderry, would be great for TSW. It has every view you could want. Huge cities and towns, rolling fields, gigantic cliffs, beautiful oceans, green forests, everything. The line is operated by Tangara T-Set's and OScar H-Set's in 4 car or 8 car configurations. There are many freight trains operated on the line, though the main one I have found to be is the Class 81. All cargo is operated by Pacific National, while all passenger traffic is operated by Sydney Trains. There are 2 main branch lines. 1 is the Cronulla branch, and is probably not needed if this was to be considered as the track is its own thing and not part of the main line. The second is the Port Kembla line and should probably be added if freight services are going to be added, as freight services mainly come down here bringing coal and taking steel from the Port Kembla Steelworks. The line is perfect for TSW, and I think it would fit great with the US, English, and German railways by adding a new country and its trains to the list.
    [​IMG]
    This is a map of the line of the line and lines around it. The Illawarra line is the mainly dark blue and at some points white line which travels along the coast on the right side of the picture. ALL OTHER LINES ARE SIMPLY OTHER LINES AND ARE NOT PART OF ILLAWARRA LINE.
    [​IMG]
    Sydney Trains T-Set (Tangara)
    [​IMG]
    Sydney Trains H-Set (OScar)
    [​IMG]
    Pacific National Type 81
    [​IMG]
    Rolling Stock - Coal Hopper (Couldn't find picture of PN hopper, but this is the type)

• Like Like x 12
  2. johnvromans

johnvromans New Member

Wonderful presentation. Thank you for putting it together. I agree that The Illawarra Line would be an excellent choice for DTG to model. It would have train simmers world-wide visiting The Illawarra to see first hand the beauty of the region.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Sgt. Seymour Skinner

Sgt. Seymour Skinner Active Member

An excellent suggestion and a beautiful line indeed! I'd love to recreate scenes like this in TSW.

[​IMG]
    Found here

[​IMG]
    Found here

• Like Like x 2
  4. urzu7

urzu7 New Member

i'm all for this i really hope it gets done

5. GMAN001

GMAN001 Member

I would love to finally see some Australian DLC for this game and this line would be excellent!

Love the sound of those Tanagara Trains! Would be awesome to drive one.

I'm surprised they still haven't electrified the network past Kiama. As it stands, if you want to go to Bomaderry, you need to change at Kiama for a diesel service to get there. Annoying, but I quite like those Endeavour sets :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Steveofgreenbank

Steveofgreenbank Member

I too would love Australian content. The trip from Waterfall down the mountain is breathtaking.

7. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Beautiful suggestion. What other engines could come with the freight. I'm from America and have noticed some engines are a bit of a hybrid between our freight engines and the design of Britain train cabs. Overall well done.

8. DaveTrain99

DaveTrain99 Well-Known Member

Very nice. Another train that could be added is the Endeavour since the last part of the line between Kiama and Bomaderry is unelectrified
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

I believe some 93, 82 and 80 class locomotives operate as well as the 81 shown in the main post.
    93 class
    [​IMG]
    82 class
    [​IMG]
    80 class
    [​IMG]

10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent suggestion DLC should be NSW D set or the retro V set which actually the inaugural electrification services to Port Kembala 1987-1993 Kiama 2001-2003. Bimode NSW Caf Civility I've been on a V set 8143 1989 built had to stand up behind the drivers cab. Central Station to Kiama 1.5kv DC south of there Diesel