PC Msb: Pzb Between Wiesthal And Heigenbrücken

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Aldarean, Mar 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

Hello,
    I just drove the scenario "Doppelstockwagen-Liefer". Between Wiesthal and Heigenbrücken (coming from Gemünden) there are several speed limits: 130 to 120 to 90 to 70. If I pass the Lf 6 sign for 90 km/h (combined with an HP 1 signal), I confirm that with the "PZB wachsam" button. For me, however, a 1000 Hz magnet is triggered. In my opinion, that should not happen. This resulted in an emergancy braking for me because I could not brake fast enough to 70 km/h (PZB M). Do I understand something wrong?

Attached Files:

2. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

I think I know my failure: From 80 to 95 km/h there is a speed tracking. When you drive more than 14 km/h faster than signed on the Lf 6, you get a 1000Hz influence.

[​IMG]

3. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

Sometimes I get no response after pushing the "PZB Wachsam" switch. This is mad and is resulting in an emergency brake.

4. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Then you do something wrong, i allways get a response. Best way is to wait until you passed the sign / signal and then press the PZB wachsam button.
    In the cab car you really have to push the button a long time until it gets recognized.

And why you cant brake fast enough? in PZB mode M you should be able to brake from 120kmh to 70kmh without any problem, you have 29 seconds to slow down to 70kmh after you passed the sign.
    Maybe you should start braking as soon as you see the "7" and not wait with the braking until you passed it.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  5. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

I did a video from one of my runs:

Look at Minute 4:00

6. hightower

hightower Guest

I didn’t hear you press ‘PZB acknowledge’ as you passed the signal.

That’s why you got the emergency brake.

7. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

You can see my click in the right side of the screen ("PZB Wachsam Gelöst").

8. hightower

hightower Guest

...but there is no sound, which I believe means the press hasn’t registered. It sometimes happens, I’d suggest holding the key a touch longer until you hear the ‘Acknowledge’ sound.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

You have to press it once you go over the magnet. It will not be recognized if you just hold it. Just press it a few times when you pass the signal and you should be fine.

10. Daniel Bloch

Like I did wrote above you have to press the button longer in the cab car to be recognised, hold the button until you hear the sound.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

A restart and a longer button hold solved it, thank you for the help.

I also have a problem to find a right procedure to geht out of an emergency brake. Normaly I stop the PZB Alarm and try to release the breakes. But it takes me a
    whole minute of braking, releasing brakes, give power, reduce power and all again to get the train moving again. Is there any procedure I have to follow? The one discribed in the MSB manual does not work for me.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  12. Daniel Bloch

Stop the PZB alarm and release the brakes, that's it, but you have to wait until the pressure rises to normal.
    And don't forget you have to put the throttle to off after releasing the brakes or it will be locked.

13. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

You also need to make sure that brake pipe is pretty much charged back up fully before you try and apply power otherwise the traction interlock is still in place and the throttle is locked out.

Basically - wait for it to stop, press free to end the alarm, release the brakes and watch the brake pipe, when it's back up to around 5 bar apply power and it should take no problem. If you're on a grade, make a direct brake application to hold you from moving - it'll keep the brake cylinder from going down but the brake pipe should still go up then you can release the direct brake and apply power in a reasonably swift movement.

In real locos often PZB ack switches are a bit less sensitive (they're old!) and in many cab rides you'll hear the driver often press the button two or three times just to make REALLY sure :)

Matt.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  14. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

Thank you Matt and all others. I tried it with success. The brake pressure was the correct hint.

15. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

On the subject of PZB. Does anyone know the permitted speeds.
    PZB 0 full speed as shown on speed boards.
    PZB M -?
    PZB U-?
    I tend to hover around 20 Kmh below line speed when pulling freight.

16. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Take a look inside the route's manual, pages 21 - 27. It gives good coverage of PZB.
    https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/ste...rt_Bahn_Driver's_Manual_-_EN.pdf?t=1551699581

In short it's O = 165 km/h, M = 125 km/h, U = 105 km/h