Dovetail Live Reset Password

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Coat, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Coat

Coat New Member

This is probably not the correct section to post, because this issue is related to Dovetail Live in general. However, I experienced it on ps4 so I am posting here.

I was signed out of Dovetail Live, which I have been told happens occasionally. I used the reset password feature, because I had forgotten my password.

Each time I tried logging in to Dovetail Live on ps4, the game would crash. I also repeatedly tried to log in through the browser on a PC and would repeatedly get a "Server Error" message.

The problem seems to have been caused by the fact that the password I had chosen did not contain a capital letter or #. The server allowed me to SET this as the password, but it would not allow me to login with this password.

**tldr; There either should be a reminder on the "Forgot Password" page that passwords must contain a capital letter and a number, or preferably, passwords that do not contain these requirements should not be allowed to be created.

2. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I have spoken to the dovetail live team, and it does seem to be an issue, both with passwords and crashing, so thanks for letting us know.

May I ask you to try and request a change a password again and use a capital letter, lower case letter and number, also 8-32 characters, to see if that resolves the immediate issue. The live team will be looking at this as soon as possible.

3. Coat

Coat New Member

Sorry, my initial post was not entirely clear.

I was able to log in immediately after I reset the password to one which met all the criteria.