Tsw: April Studio Update

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-Steve, Apr 3, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

[​IMG]

As your collections have been growing, one of the common questions coming into us has been about how to share locomotives between routes both in terms of computer-controlled trains as well as being able to use them yourself.

READ THE FULL ARTICLE

• Like Like x 28
  2. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Well, what fantastic News!
    RT with fixes, 182 which will be useable to haul freight on other german tracks and there is a chance of the 45 and 47 on GWE.
    Also sounds like the editor is coming along quite nicely!
    I'm happy! :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Interesting article! I have some questions about
    Is the implementation of substitution for german frieght wagon between RSN and MSB on its way? Currenty only locos have substitution system active.
    Is there any list of Doube Headed Freight for MSB? I noticed that service name prefix number have special meaning (listed below) but which 86xxx and 88xxx are double headed?
    • DB 83xxx > three-piece heavy freight Aschaffenburg - Gemünden (banker supported)
    • DB 86xxx > freight Aschaffenburg - Gemünden
    • DB 88xxx > freight Gemünden - Aschaffenburg
    • DB 89xxx > banker runs (conection to DB83xxx and light run back to Laufach)
    This is useful, with search function you can filter services types.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I am planning to write an article to talk about how the services work on Main Spessart Bahn - but to answer your question, the double header services are as follows:

88113 88119 88139 88146 88151 86101 86108 86119 86128

Matt.

• Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. DTG Matt

We haven't set up substitution on the german freight stock at this point but it's certainly a possibility to do so. The main reason is that when the MSB freight services were set up, we set them up to be right at the weight limits - if they were to be randomly substituted then you might end up with a train that can't get up the hill. Currently it's not possible to set up substitution bearing in mind an overall maximum consist weight limit, but I have added that to the to do list following the desire to do exactly this on MSB :)

Not promising when it will happen of course, BUT, i'm definitely aware of the desire and have it on my (long) list :)

For other flatter routes where the weight isn't so sensitive, randomising the mixed freights ought to be doable but as I say, isn't set up yet.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

Really great to see that RT is getting fixed, i'll definitely buy the 182 on release!

• Like Like x 9
  7. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

is this just for PC users. all these substitutions.

8. DTG Matt

Nope - substitution features work just as well on Consoles - that's how you can get the BR 143 from Ruhr on to MSB. The 182 will add layers on RT exactly the same on console as well.

• Like Like x 5
  9. 333talgo

333talgo Well-Known Member

Really great news!!:)

10. DTG Matt

I'm already looking forward to your screenshots 333talgo :)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Dave Mel

oh thats will be good then Matt. i'll definitely buy the new loco or locos when it arrives or even new routes when they arrive. i love this game it keeps me going and occupied. tell the team as well that them houses when going into manchester on the left hand side. i was born in one of them. i checked it out on google maps its Droylesden. thanks for revisiting where i was born, it makes me happy.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Matto140

Many thanks Matt!
    I thougth that you need to implement some another conditions to substitution mechanism that aren't ready yet.
    Have you consider aslo the train load purpose as one of them? If your train load is coal, consist can be mixed from E and F class freight wagon, if fuel, different cistern wagons (Z class) can be used, etc...

Thanks for listed ones double header, I have no luck to choose one randomly till now ;)

13. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

And to add to all of this... the 182 release will be cross-platform, meaning that it will be released on PC and Consoles at the same time! :)

• Like Like x 20
  14. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Are you going to add working destination displays to the Talent 2 too?

• Like Like x 2
  15. DTG Matt

The tagging system that's in there right now should already cope with that. Essentially in a formation you list the tags required, so a slot with a tanker in it could say "fuel tanker" and then only other wagons that have that tag will be considered for replacement, so if you know you always want vehicles 5 and 6 to be a tanker, you can let it pick from your pool of tankers for those two wagons.

(note: this is not "ingame" stuff to be clear, this is editor stuff for when setting your own formations and vehicles up)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I was right once again. Now I hope for signaling fixes for NEC and LIRR.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Matto140

Thanks Matt!
    Is seems that train formation editor subsystem is way more complex organic subsystem. Not just pick a loco put some wagons bedind and job is done. This way train will be generated within set limits and player see as result that a traffic is allways unique. Nice job, hope that more available rolling stock(liveries) arrive soon to boost this function!
    Do we get some empty wagons on MSB, Laaers ale allways loaded and is fine to see loaded one way and empty return. Maybe some new layer in service mode...
    A little detail, can the wagons/locos be fliped randomly? My experience is that driving cab is allways cab no.1, Shimmns-u 708 have small roof in front of drive direction and Zacns footbridge on rear.

18. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I'll be honest... I did not actually expect you guys to fix anything! Props to DTG here- looks like I will be buying this loco after all!

Now, to read the rest of the article...

• Like Like x 7
  19. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Nice to have a reasonably in depth update. :thumbsup: Good to have an update on editor progress although somewhat disappointing to see the public beta is "a way off". :( To me that suggests it won't happen much before the third quarter and possibly later which is a shame.

20. Anthony Pecoraro

I had a feeling it was going to happen. Considering that the 182 was taking so long since first announced.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Great news real great read, looking forward to seeing all of this. The one thing I will ask is where are you on the Physic's for CSX-HH.

• Like Like x 4
  22. Anthony Pecoraro

I think they are finished. I have a feeling that they will be released with the 182.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

That would be great news if that could happen, I was impressed with the latest Studio Update. Glad to see they listened and they are completely overhauling Rapid Transit. Still will be a bit of a wait for the editor but at least it to is progressing along.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Will console release be 2 weeks after for the 182

25. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

The DB BR 182 is releasing at the same time for consoles and PC.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Gregsy

Gregsy New Member

So does this mean we'll be able to use a blue 47 with mk2's on WSR? Sort of but maybe not precisely recreating the old Butlins express services....

27. Anthony Pecoraro

Same time for both pc and console this time. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  28. Mkdog45

How do you know this?

29. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

If you have read this thread earlier:
    Meaning the 182 will be released on all platforms at the same time

• Like Like x 1
  30. Mkdog45

Thank you

31. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I know GWE probably won’t receive any further updates or fixes but seeing as RT is getting its signalling and safety systems fixed, I’m hoping GWE will receive flashing yellow signals and the AWS grids fixed, so they don’t sound when they shouldn’t.

• Like Like x 3
  32. Mkdog45

Also if the 166 got destination boards that would be awesome.

33. jamesj015

jamesj015 New Member

This is fantastic news, will there be any more UK routes and more uk locomotives including pacers being added to the game :)

34. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

I was also really hoping for new on this.

35. Matto140

There is a little problem with BR 182 substitution table
    On RSN freight the cell should have green colour, and there could be also tags "in release time" and "future update"
    TSW_DE-Loco-Substitution.png
    Or the table is correct for BR 182 release time and length definition will be fully tested on MSB, but RSN need more time and comes later (probably when RSN go trought mainterance revision - road traffic, destination displays, bugfixes...)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  36. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

An interesting article again TrainSim-Matt . Can't wait to get my hands on the editor to give it a spin, creating some scenarios. The services are all great, but want to explorer some more options with the mentioned rolling stock on other routes (keep it real, so no US stuff on in the UK and vica versa).

If you compare this current version to the earlier versions, especially when it was known as 'CSX Heavy Haul', the game is coming along nicely. FPS is great and the content is getting better.

Also glad to see that Rapid Transit is getting a upgrade/rebuild, it works mostly fine without the PZB.
    PZB just makes the German routes more challenging when needed, as I don't drive without it anymore in the TS1 and here in the routes (except RT currently).

I am sure that the BR 182 is going to be a fine addition to complete my collection once again.

• Like Like x 1
  37. DTG Matt

Oops yes you're right - that cell should indeed be green :)

Matt.

• Like Like x 5
  38. Dave Mel

Could i run a freight service on NTP using the only english/british freight wagons that are on GWE by substituting the coaches for the wagons or would DTG have to make a freight timetable for NTP. im thinking using the wagons on GWE and running a freight service on NTP taking them to huddersfield siding and to manchester sidings and dropping a few off here and there and picking them up on the way back. am i just dreaming or could this be done on the PS4

39. Anthony Pecoraro

DTG would have to do that. I think they do have a freight pack coming for NTP.

40. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Great update DTG, hands down the best Studio Update to date.

Thank you for addressing the community feedback, salt & concerns ;) around the BR182 and RT signaling, better yet your response is exactly what the the community had asked for. So thank you for confirming this information.

Also thank you for shedding some light on the layer system in service mode, i always found substations alone where not going to add a great deal long term to the replayability of service mode, but to read about the layering system is welcome news and i am totally pumped to see how this is implemented going forward.

Sign me up for the 182 now as well great update :D

• Like Like x 5
  41. spina304

spina304 Member

At same time.

• Like Like x 1
  42. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

Here's a question for u: are u gonna make Metro-North's Harlem Line between grand central & southeast, Class 700, and 377 on the Brighton Main Line between London Victoria & Brighton, some London Underground lines, and NYC Subway on 2 divisions [Part 1: IRT, Part 2: IND/BMT - Sixth, Eighth & Broadway Lines]?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  43. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt and TrainSim-Dmitri I have four questions:
    But before that, thank you for the studio update, which is the best one so far!
    And now, here are my questions:
    1.Are the console users able to buy the routes that will be made with the editor on the Pc?
    2. Are you going to substitute the sliding tarp waggon from Rsn to the Msb?
    3. Are there any container waggons in planing for Msb or Rsn?
    4. Is there a route in progress, which is not Germany, UK or USA? Switzerland or Austria,...
    Thank you for the great work you two and the team of DTG is doing!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  44. DTG Matt

Hi Swisstrains, Glad you enjoyed the update.

Not initially - but obviously that'd be a great thing to be able to do, Console is an extremely important platform for TSW!

First goal is to get the editor out there and get people learning how to use it and make content (which is going to take some time anyway). There are one or two other games out there that have done user content on Console but we haven't yet looked at how this might be done.
    Suffice to say - watch this space, we hear you and share your desire or it, we just don't have an answer for you yet.

Currently none of the wagons are set up to be substitutable at the moment.

I'm afraid I can't answer questions relating to content that not announced yet.

Matt.

• Like Like x 6
  45. Swisstrains

Thank you Matt for the answers!
    I understand, that you cannot answer questions to the content.
    Thank you,
    Swisstrains

• Like Like x 1
  46. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

So in theory could an ECS class 33,45 or 47 run an extra added service late at night or early in the morning, so as not to mess with the timings? On GWE?

47. DTG Matt

There's no way of dynamically doing that - but a new layer which adds it would do that essentially, yes.

Matt.

• Like Like x 3
  48. RommieG

RommieG New Member

I'm very excited to see that layering of services is coming to TSW. Service mode is easily my favorite part of the sim. Will it be possible for users to create their own layers for the service modes that are included in TSW routes (e.g adding an "Amtrak layer" to LIRR's service mode so that we can see Amtrak Regionals passing through Harold and into Penn Station)?

It's also good to hear that the editor is in closed testing. I've started creating some scenery assets for some routes, and I'm looking forward to seeing them in game. Hopefully, this also means we'll start seeing 3rd party content trickle in.

49. Swisstrains

Yes, hopefully console users will also be able to use add ons from 3rd partys...

50. Mutri

Mutri New Member

The most interesting thing and big step forward will be an editor so we can reskin locomotives and railcars, making them more realistic with dust, soot and rust and so on. So, when we will see this comming ? ? ?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019