Ts19: Remarkable Rügen

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-Steve, Apr 5, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

[​IMG]

Coming soon to Train Simulator, the scenic island railway that traverses the hills of Rügen between Stralsund and Sassnitz.

READ THE FULL ARTICLE

• Like Like x 3
  2. plasot

plasot New Member

Dovetail, don't you ever dare not to include some DDR-era stock with scenarios (Ludmila's and 243's along with B's and Mitropa's).

3. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but enough with the German routes already! I mean, no hard feelings toward any German players, but it's like almost every route lately has been a German route. Give us something from the US or UK or better yet, a new country that we haven't seen yet like Australia, or one we don't see too often like Japan or Canada. I know somebody recently posted a proposal for a GO Transit route. I know you'd have to get a license from GO first, but hey, it's worth a try. Just anything other than Germany or Austria or anything like that PLEASE! It's like you're beating a dead horse with this.

Again, no offense to anybody from Germany, but I'm sure you would feel the same way if they released route after route from the US or UK.

4. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Hudson Line, Promontory Summit, Worcester – Mossel Bay just to name a few :)

5. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

The Hudson Line is only half a route, and Promontory is kind of a one off. Who's gonna buy that. It's more of a novelty route. But still, it's like almost all of the content for the past few months has been German and Austrian stuff. Are DB and OBB paying you guys to make their entire system in TS and TSW? Like I said, I know you have to go through licensing and all that, but how about something different for a change? I got an idea right now off the top of my head. The high speed line between Antwerp and Amsterdam with Thalys trains, or some other kind of Dutch line. The Netherlands has one of the best rail systems in the world. Or maybe something new from Japan, like one of the commuter lines around Tokyo. The 3 Japanese routes we've gotten have all been in rural areas, which are really pretty and all. But when people think of Japan, they think of the huge cities like Tokyo. Or something from your home turf. How about a section of the WCML out of London. We haven't seen Euston in this game yet. Or maybe something around Birmingham, which we've never seen. Or the C2C lines out of London Fenchurch Street.

I'm just sick of seeing Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany...

6. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

So far, there have been 11 releases this year, not including scenario packs. Of those, there were 4 locomotives/routes from Germany, 3 locomotives/routes from the UK, and 3 locomotives from the US, plus the RhB Enhancement Pack. Narrowing it further, DTG made the North Wales Coast Extension and the Hudson Line, plus the Stralsund - Sassnitz line. Everything else was made by 3rd parties and they get creative control over what they make - it just so happened that those routes and locos made it through QA first. Routes like the Japanese ones you've suggested aren't made for the reason you list for not liking Promontory - to DTG, they're a bit of a one off. Germany, the UK, and the US are the largest markets for train simulators; of course it makes sense a company trying to make a profit will cater to them. The 3rd party devs who make routes almost as pet projects generally don't worry too much about how much money it will make, but instead go for the quality factor.

As a side note, Euston and Birmingham are available from different routes - for Euston to Birmingham, try the WCML v5: https://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info.php?form_fileid=38218
    For London to Birmingham via the Chiltern Line, check out the JustTrains version: https://www.justtrains.net/product/chiltern-main-line-london-birmingham
    and the extension to Aylesbury: https://www.justtrains.net/product/chiltern-main-line-london-aylesbury-extension

• Like Like x 4
  7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The route is set in 2019
    DR Locos and stock would look out of place in a modern route
    But there is nothing to stop You running the trains You wish to see
    132s and 243s are already available from other sources so it would be wasteful for DTG to make them

Peter

8. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

I don't think it's that there are too many German routes coming out, it's that the new German routes get WAY more articles made about them than everything else, so it gives off an illusion of constant German routes.

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Add to this people seeing Austrian routes being made by third parties and thinking it's DTGs fault they're being made...
    Funny enough I think if US, Canadian or Australian companies decided to make high quality routes for their countries DTG would possibly promote them
    All I'm seeing is a few scenario packs from the US though
    Much of the UK content is being done by third parties, so better to look outside of DTG for them

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member