Can't Run Game In Windowed Mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yooperboy, Apr 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Yooperboy

Yooperboy New Member

Good Day:
    I am trying to run TS 2019 in Widowed Mode but when I switch the settings to Windowed Mode it won't reload I get the following: ERROR: Could not find shader TranBasicObjectDiffuse.fx
    FILE: DxCommon\cHcEffectMaterialDx.cpp
    LINE:1181
    I have been having to go through and keep uninstalling & re-installing the game. I just would like to use it in the "Windowed Mode".
    Thanks for any Help,
    Stef

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Just guessing here, but could you be requesting an unusable screen dimension?

3. Gunzel510

Gunzel510 New Member

You don't need to reinstall when this happens- just navigate to Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Content and delete the PlayerProfiles.bin file and the game will load in full screen mode.

Also Yooperboy is correct- along with changing your display mode to 'Windowed', select a lower screen size other than the maximum. I found this enabled the game to load in Windowed mode on Windows 10 x64 bit.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  4. noahg5

noahg5 Guest

I had the same problem
    What you need to do is navigate to your steam library, then the rail works folder and find the 64 bit edition icon
    Then open that and close it
    You should find that the 32 bit (or the 64 bit I have no idea) has reset and you can play it again
    Honestly, don’t try setting it to windowed, you can’t adjust the size or move the window or even minimise or maximise it without it breaking, so full screen is better