Too Many Screenshots Before Start The Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kidbooo, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Kidbooo

Kidbooo New Member

Hello everyone,,
    I wonder if I can remove the screenshots before start the game. I find this annoying and too long to wait before start the game in TS 2018. I don't know why does DoveTail Games had many screenshots while uploading the simulator which I don't like. Is there that I can remove them in the program of Train Simulator 2018.

2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Loading up a scenario takes however long it takes on your system and the ad's and screenshots are there to give you something to look at while that process takes place. I have a new system which typically takes ten to fifteen seconds to get a scenario started and it's already spoiled me- I was showing someone TS on a laptop the other day, one I've used for TS many times, and was grinding my teeth waiting for it to get started.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

They're just commercials before the feature starts -- better than those little rotating pinwheels provided by Netflix, etc.

4. Remko

Remko Well-Known Member

Removing them is possible if you know what you're doing.
    But there's no use in doing so.
    Screenshots are only shown while loading a scenario or the editor.
    Once it's loaded the screenshots will disappear and the scenario or editor will start.

If you're bothered with the loading times you need to buy a faster computer or components.
    Using a SSD disc can improve loading times dramatically.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

SSDs are good but expensive for a decent size as TS2019 is a hefty game with everything installed

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you look at those screenshots some are of new items released by DTG which you may not have heard about
    Sometime it mentions a Sale which is taking place and there are Pictures taken by the users of this game.
    A Screenshot contest runs on this forum each week - enter the competition and you might see one of Your pictures whilst you wait for the scenario to load.

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  7. RailWorkshop

RailWorkshop Member

Want to avoid screenshots?
    Play offline.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

And just sit there waiting instead... the screenshots take up very little loading or processing time compared with getting all the consists and local map tiles loaded

• Like Like x 3