Xbox One X Enhancement

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jsantana0793, Aug 30, 2018.

1. jsantana0793

jsantana0793 New Member

Just purchased Train Sim World digital copy on my Xbox One X. I love the game, but I'm wondering if the game will ever be Xbox One X enhanced. For some strange reason, the list of enhanced games from Xbox.com shows Train Sim World as one of the enhanced games.

I know its not an enhanced version of the game, because the game does not show up as one of my enhanced game on my Xbox. I have a bunch of Enhanced games, TSW is no one of them.

Will there be any upgrades to the game to take advantage of the Xbox One X? Frame rate update, resolution to 4K? Wondering if that will be the plan..

• Like Like x 1
  2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

The last thing was said about that on a Livestream was that they currently arent working on One X / PS Pro enhancements, but hope to do that in the future. I dont know if anything has changed sinced then or if the team after the full release started to working on those enhancements. They would be welcome for sure.

I would bet they go for performance, like more and more stable frames, higher texture quality rather than 4k. A simulator is pretty demanding so 4K on a Console wouldnt make sense imo, but pushing the performance would be great.

We will have to wait for an offical announcement / statement.

3. HopesAnchor131

HopesAnchor131 Active Member

4. xD 2Bad4You

It's not enhanced, yet. When the full game launched ID@Xbox and Xbox wire reported the game as X enhanced but dtg clarified that it isn't.
    Maybe they are working on it, couldn't get an answer to that on the WSR stream yesterday.

5. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

Only bought the game today but really hope they take advantage of the one x as it's pretty rough atm :( the game plays great but really needs some work on textures and performance as surely the x should run this better?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

I'd love it if it was enhanced for xbox one, but really, the graphics look like something out of the dark ages, the game doesn't even have vibration feedback for God's sake, that's a staple of console games.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GMAN001

GMAN001 Member

I recently just upgraded from an original Xbox One console to an XBOX One X Console.

I must say, the difference is pretty good! It runs a lot smoother, loading times are better. But there is still the frame drops and texture glitches etc.

8. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

And there's a simple reason for that. The XboneX has a much more powerful processor than the original Xbone, and where the original runs ddr 3 ram, the X runs gddr5. Therefore it can throughput information faster. The limiting factor though, is that the game isn't optimised for 64 bit, so it can't access the 12gb of gddr5 ram the X has to offer, it can still only utilise around 3.5gb of ram on both systems, it's just that the XboneX can process it faster than the slower ram, if that makes sense

9. xD 2Bad4You

I´m pretty sure UE4 and therefor TSW is 64bit.
    The CPU advantage of the One X compared to the One S / One is 2.3GHZ to 1.75GHZ . Both with 8 cores. Its not that big of a CPU boost.
    Still im pretty sure with better optimization the game can run better on One S and One X. An enhancement patch for the X would be great.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

If they aren't even fixing bugs, what hope is there of an enhancement patch?

11. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I have TSW on PC and took a leap of faith buying it for the XB One X (what a fool am I !). On a 4K TV it honestly looks more like an Xbox 360 title. Please Dovetail make an effort to improve things for this very capable console which deserves a much better port of TSW. I would have expected an experience similar to a high-end PC given what other titles have been able to achieve. :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. JAW

JAW New Member

Several months ago, I posted about the expectations of any game approaching the price point of TSW with expansion packs that offended some in the community. I stand by my original assessment, we are a dedicated user group (we spend hours watching a train roll down the tracks) spending premium Dollars, Pesos, Euros, etc.) for poor performance and questionable graphic quality.

Dovetail, it is time for you to step-up and deliver the console version of the game we deserve.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Abdul

Abdul New Member

Hi guys

Sorry to update an older thread

So, its 2019, any news for a 4K patch? i truly wish for one!!!

14. xD 2Bad4You

No news and my bet is on: Still no plans for PS4 Pro / One X enhancements.
    Although even if we get an enhancement patch get rid of the idea that it will be 4k. Its probably more realistic, given the overall resource intensive game, that we will maybe get some higher incab textures, better distance draw of track and more stable framerate. 4k isnt an option for this game on consoles imo.

15. colorint

colorint Member

The enhancements patch isn't coming because they have to concentrate for the DLCs and other products. Imagine they want to release the enhancement patch, they (maybe) have to patch all DLCs to be enhancement, not only the base game. That is very elaborate.

Maybe the community manager can give us an actual update about this topic?

16. naturalhighNZ

naturalhighNZ Member

Same boat as you guys. Desperately want this. Not 4k but perhaps HDR and higher res textures, improved draw distance and higher frame rate.

17. Ross NCC1701

Ross NCC1701 Member

Me too! If you are serious about this Sim on a console, then an Xbox One X is the way to go. And this Sim really needs the Xbox One X! I went out and bought an Xbox One X as soon as I heard about TSW coming to consoles (as the Founders Edition). The pre-release information said that it was Xbox One X Enhanced. I was so disappointed to find out that it was not. I do realize that new DLCs and the such can bring in more money, but it really now is time to put a team on Xbox One X Enhancement development,

18. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

The difference PS4 and Xbox One X is 1GB RAM !!
    TSW recommends only 8GB RAM!!

19. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

The difference between PC and console to TSW is only Graphic RAM

20. naturalhighNZ

naturalhighNZ Member

Can the devs at least indicate if this is even a development goal? Or is this never going to happen?

21. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

I think the game is still chugging graphically as it stands on the Xbox X. I think more optimization is actually needed before enhancements are made. But yes, agreed it would be good for DTG to communicate intentions in this area.

22. naturalhighNZ

naturalhighNZ Member

It's sort of the same thing isn't it? We just want the devs to use the power of the One X and not limit it to the OG Xbox One.

23. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

Correct, yes.

24. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

They're not limiting the game. In fact, TSW runs with an unlocked framerate so in theory the Xbox One X should run it smoothly. But the game is so poorly optimized for console that even with such low resolution and graphical settings, the game is jerky and stuttering through and through. If the developers went and increased either the resolution or graphical settings on X (like textures, draw distance etc) it would run even worse! So in order to make a proper X enhancement patch they would have to seriously overhaul the game, optimize for performance so it could run smoothly even at higher resolution/settings. But by now it's clear Dovetail Games have no intent, nor resources to do such optimization.

• Like Like x 4