PC Just Watched This Youtube Video... Do You Think He's Right?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Wolfy, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

The part that worries me, is the alleged quote from DTG saying that routes will be focused around Xbox One and PS4 capabilities.

I don't really want to drive routes limited to 20 - 30 miles each, which is where he thinks TSW is heading.... But i am also tired of Train Simulator 20XX, with it's DX9 not playing nice with modern GFX cards. Don't really want to suffer it for another 5 years.

Your thoughts?

• Like Like x 3
  2. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

The routes are limited by the time available to develop them, rather than console limitations.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Don’t listen to Alan Thompson. Just don’t.

• Like Like x 4
  4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

There are many videos on youtube of people giving us their opinions of what they think is wrong (and sometimes right) with DTG and TS/TSW and telling us what they think they should be doing, mostly it is just ego massaging as they think we should be hanging on their every word. I make up my own mind.

• Like Like x 7
  5. 37114

37114 Active Member

There may be an element of truth in what he says with regard to DTG developed routes but I fully expect that TSW like its predecessor will only really begin to shine once third-party developers get their hands on it.

6. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I like watching Alan’s videos but do feel he’s not a DTG fan. Overall I’m happy to mute him and just watch his videos, much more entertaining.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

As with everything anyone ever says, put "in my opinion" in front of it. Indeed I believe at the beginning of that vid Alan says just that.
    With regards to "what DTG will do with this software". Look to actions not words.
    What have they done with their previous softwares. That's what they will likely do with this one...

Great, so yet more 3rd party messes and having to have thirty DLC installed to still have missing consist errors... The future's NOT bright if this is the case

8. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Seriously, why are you complaining about the potential of third party DLC coming to TSW? It’s what the game needs desperately and will definitely boost the amount of players which play the game. Not to mention the potential of longer routes and better quality DLCs, the sounds in particular.

Just because you may not be able to afford or want it doesn’t mean everyone else has that same opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I never mentioned cost nor want.I spoke about the instances where you may need up to thirty third party DLC to get one route and scenario running, and even then you get errors.
    3rd Party content CAN be good, but it can also be a complete pain so to state it as some form of panacea is misleading bordering on outright lying

• Like Like x 1