Euro Fishing The Worst Game I Have Ever Encountered

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by DeKaleH, May 26, 2017.

1. DeKaleH

DeKaleH New Member

Totally sorry Dovetail games, but I feel embarrassed for you guys actually, the developers who had to release this "game". I was looking forward to actually do some virtual carp fishing, but this game has so many huge bugs that it's actually impossible to enjoy it even for 5 minutes.
    As an example: I had to restart the game four times in the stalking part of the Academy just to be able to wait for a fish to bite. The first three times I did not cast far enough and the game did not do anything anymore, I could only exit and restart and the same thing happens. Then finally I got a bit and the fish somehow went into some plants and I was stuck, couldn't do anything, reeling in only displayed a blinking blue info icon in the gauge and nothing happened.Moving the rod a bit and the blinking went away but still I couldn't reel the fish in.
    Bugs are normal, but being confronted with 'em non stop is not acceptable. I am not playing this game anymore and will try to get my money back.

2. NewfieDrool

NewfieDrool New Member

Can't say I've had that issue. So far apart from the on land bug, crashing at times on multiplay and on one occasion fishing too close to a spawn sign where i could not land the fish as it wanted me to pick a spawn location I would say its playable.
    Ok its not perfect and I'm not sure any of the developers fish as it needs a fair bit of work to make it a sim but in general it has the basics to be a good little game if we can get some patches going.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  3. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Well its the launch version of the xbox. So its the 2015 version. Two years out of date that is how long it took them to port it. Now they need to fix the same problems they already have fix on pc and xbox.

Since 2016 xbox has had four patches. That is why its taking so long its a huge thing to fix.... If I was to guess I would say you should expect it to be released around the end of june. going by how long it took to fix in the past.

If you want a refund you need to phone sony not Email them and then it will depend on the date you brought it. If you had it over a month then they will likely not refund you.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  4. KOpitE2011

KOpitE2011 Member

You must be getting the pc and xbox version mixed up pal because its not been on xbox for a full 12 months yet...it launched 10 June 2016.

5. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Yeah 2016... Still doesn't change anything lol.

6. DeKaleH

DeKaleH New Member

Thanks for all the responses and good luck Dovetail Games in fixing the bugs and making this game enjoyable.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DeKaleH

DeKaleH New Member

So after the update this game becomes more and more playable.
    Btw, I really like the animation of the carp's mouths in the fish caught scene, it's actually quite real And I also like the nice reflections and the fact that some carp are very dark, that looks nice.
    The scenery sounds I also very much enjoy, it makes me remember the times I went carpfishing for real.

Btw, I am definitely missing pikes, being able to fish from a boat, remote controlled boilyboats and stuff like that:love:

Apart from the fact there are still some weird bugs: I did play it for a few hours now and I like it more and more! Keep it up Dovetail, do keep working on those bugs and make it a great fishing game!!:cool:

8. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Thank you DeKaleH. We are happy to hear that the update has improved your experience with the game.

As for the additional features, we are discussing the addition of pike to the game and I will put forward your suggestions for the boats and boilyboats.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DeKaleH

DeKaleH New Member

Ah nice Stephen! :)