Once Again To This Forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Kidbooo, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Kidbooo

Kidbooo New Member

Hello everyone,,
    i'm Kidboo or Steam name 'KidbOOO'. Huge Rail enthusiast. Been a fan since my first train ride, which was on the Class 150001. Sprinter DMU's are my favourite trains, mostly the Class 150's.
    There are many lines i'd like to see but mostly two. The Bristol to Birmingham line and the Birmingham Cross City lines.mobdro lucky patcher kodi
    Bristol Temple Meads - Birmingham New Street via Cheltenham Spa.
    Birmingham - Redditch.
    Birmingham - Wolverhampton.
    Birmingham - Birmingham International - Coventry.
    Birmingham - Four Oaks - Litchfield.
    Birmingham - Walsall -Rugeley.
    Birmingham - Stourbridge - Kidderminster - Worcester - Hereford.
    Birmingham - Bromsgrove.
    However i am completely aware that this is highly unlikely to be added to the game as it's a complex system of routes when put together.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Bristol to Birmingham is out there, google XCRoute
    This covers Bristol and Cardiff to Birmingham NS

The Birmingham Cross City has also been done and is indeed one of the pre-requisites of the XCRoute.

3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Hi Kidboo welcome aboard. Stourbridge is my home town so I'd certainly like to see that line brought to TS especially as I remember it in the '70s and early '80s. The DMUs, don't remember the class, were compartmented slam-door cattle trucks- just awful but I didn't know better so I loved them. I always wanted to get the seat where you could look over the driver's shoulder.

Someone was building the Stourbridge Town line and making impressive progress but the effort seems to have petered out a while ago.

4. Theangrywelshmab

Theangrywelshmab Member

Birmingham - Stourbridge - Kidderminster - Worcester - Hereford. Is being doing By The Narrow Gauge Studios

5. JJTimothy

That's interesting. Not a thing about it on the Web according to Google which is a shame.

6. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Stourbridge is my home town too (still live here) and it did appear in the freeware Chiltern round on UKTS, someone was working on the steam era Stourbridge branch which would have been great to see but as you say it went very quiet long ago.

The DMUs' were the suburban class 116, supplemented later with vehicles of class 115, 117, 118 and 127. I wouldn't say they were awful, I would prefer them to the class 172 we have now, but first generation DMUs' are my favourite trains.

7. JJTimothy

Yes it's a shame- looked like it was really coming along. We lived on Hagley Road about half way between the Junction and Town stations so there was really no reason to take "The Dodger" but I remember doing so anyway a few times just for the ride. Were you there in 1977 when a Class 122 ran the buffers and stopped hanging over the road near the 'bus station?

Ah there you go. I had Class 117 in mind mind but the Class 116 with no ganways or loos fits my recollection better. I'm with you in preferring the Modernization Plan DMUs just because you could sit behind the driver. Last year I relived that pleasure in a Class 122 Bubblecar on the Weardale Railway. Funny thing though- guess which Class 122 it is.

8. theorganist

I know Hagley Road. Stourbridge Town station is at the bottom of my road but I rarely take the "dodger" preferring to walk up to the Junction.. I was two when 55012 ran through the buffers, it was the Loadhaul route learner for a while before ending up at the Weardale. I was at the Battlefield line at Shackerstone and they have another ex Stourbridge Town branch bubble car which actually had the destination showing Stourbridge Junction! There were two more instances of the shuttle running through the wall of the relocated town station in 1989 and 1990, I remember those incidents well.

9. JJTimothy

I heard about them but I'd long since moved to Durham. By then the Town station had been demolished and the trains were stopping about 50 yards further up the line so I imagine those runaways must have come to a stop somewhere in the expanded 'bus station. One of those units is in preservation too IIRC.

10. theorganist

They both ran through the wall (just) separating the station and bus station. The one in 1989 was 55033 which was the Midline liveried one and in 1990 55032 the Arriva Trains Wales one which I believe was to be scrapped but saved and preserved was the other one, so both still exist as far as I know. 55034 was the other Tyseley bubble at the time which also still exists.