American And International Routes (passenger Rapid Transit And Freight)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MaddMo, Apr 8, 2019.

1. MaddMo

MaddMo New Member

The Brightline in Miami Florida seems like a good place to start since they are actually expanding it in the future it would have many expansion possibilities. The Fort Lauderdale
    to Miami line seems to be in the range for the length of routes that DTG does. Here’s a pic. There’s good possibilities for extra dlc and there’s also freight that runs along these lines.
    [​IMG]

An international route I would suggest is maybe any where mountainous or hilly in India. Because there are a lot of rural areas allowing you to see the natural scenery. The old routes would give users a challenge in navigating steep grades. It would be similar to the Northern Trans Pennie DLC but India still uses rolling stock that looks similar and hasn’t upgraded much of its tracks yet.

I feel like both routes go in a direction that DTG hasn’t gone yet and that’s replicating modern up-to date routes. However the way the DLC could be made could feed off the spirit of Rapid Transit and Northern Trans Pennie and maybe even Main Spessart Bahn.

• Like Like x 5
  2. heinz.knokke

heinz.knokke New Member

I'd love to see an Indian Railway route. Perhaps a stretch of the line from Goa climbing the Western Ghat Mountains toward Bangalore:

• Like Like x 2
  3. MaddMo

MaddMo New Member

It seem like it would be a challenge to navigate that route and make sure it doesn’t derail. Much more fun than using PZB and AWS. I’ve traveled to Mumbai, Chennai, Tirupati, and few other places but never from Goa to Mumbai. The unadultered nature is the best part. Any first world country makes rail lines go through industry and hides any good scenery. It makes sense why they choose to recreate modern lines from a different time so they can preserve the nostalgia. However it’d be interesting to see them release something the way it is currently (while still checking the old school boxes). I appreciate your video! Maybe it’ll help DTG if they ever choose to replicate it.

• Like Like x 1