PlayStation Pzb And Sifa

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mkdog45, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Hi, I play a lot on the German routes especially Rapid Transit since the 182 came out. I was wondering how the Sifa and PZB works.

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Sifa:

Enable the Sifa Switch on the Panel in the long corridor. Every 30 seconds the Sifa icon on the Panel infront of the driver´s seat will light up.
    You have to acknowledge that with i believe the circle button or "Q" if you play with a keyboard (or using the pedal in the cab)
    If you dont acknowledge it a voice will tell you to acknowledge. If you ignore that or are too slow you will get a penalty brake.

If you got a penalty brake you can acknowledge Sifa, the brakes will release and you might can accelerate again before coming to a full stop.

Sifa is like the British DSD

PZB:

That one is a bit more complex. You set the mode with the "Right Under desk panel camera". There are 3: O for passenger trains with a maxspeed of 165kp/h, M for lighter freight services with a max speed of 125kp/h and U for heavy freight trains with a max speed of 105 kp/h.
    In your case you select O and enable the PZB switch on the panel behind the drivers seat.

If you accelerate you will notice that the 70 and 85 lamps start flashing. You are limited to a max speed of 45kp/h until you press "PZB frei" (PZB release). The 85 lamp will start to light up solid.

Now as you drive you need to acknowledge certain things, again with the circle Button (i think) or "Page down" on the Keyboard (or using the switch in the cab itself).
    You need to acknowledge speed changes under 100kp/h, yellow signals and such events. Once you pass one of them you have to acknowledge it. The yellow 1000HZ lamp will light up. Now you have 23 seconds to slow down to 85/kph. If the event was a speed change to 70kp/h of course you need to slow down 70kp/h, but only the 85kp/h are monitored.
    If you dont slow down to 85kp/h within the time or forget to acknowledge a signal / speed change a penalty brake will apply. You need to come to a full stop, press "PZB frei" , releasing the brakes and you can speed up to 45kp/h again until you exit monitoring.

Example:
    You pass a double yellow signal. You acknowledge that and start to slow down to 85kp/h within 23 seconds. Since you expect the next signal to be red you further slow down probably to around 40kp/h. If you see the next signal is red you will encounter a 500HZ magnet. The red 500HZ lamp will light up once you pass the magnet. You dont have to acknowledge that, but you have to start slowing down to 25kp/h within 153 meters and come to a stop infront of the red signal.

If the red signal changes to green before you hit the active 500HZ magnet you can free yourself out and start to accelerate again to line speed.

Thats just a short rough explanation. There are more cases and such.

I can recommend the German signaling guide and PZB Cheat-Sheet from here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/the-everything-guide.5313/

The official manual has it also covered like the MSB one:
    https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/ste...rt_Bahn_Driver's_Manual_-_EN.pdf?t=1550591855

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Mkdog45

That’s very helpful. Any ideas about the PBZ

4. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I will edit my post above for PZB. I just need a bit more time to write :P

5. Mkdog45

Thanks