Keystone Corridor, Philadelphia To Either Thorndale, Lancaster, Or Harrisburg.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Random Railfan, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

So here is my first proposal on the forums. I'm not from this area, but I have been there a few times. There are many upsides to making the Paoli/Thorndale Line/Keystone Corridor. It has lots of demand, so it would make many fans happy. It would also give a pretty broad range of different rolling stock. Perhaps the ACS-64 with Amfleet coaches and Metroliner cab car, SEPTA Silverliner IV and V, Amtrak P42DC and Amfleet coaches, and the SEPTA ACS-64 with Comet coaches. If it's added, but only to Thorndale, maybe Dovetail could make an extension to Harrisburg.

Sorry if this proposal doesn't sound too good, it's just because this is my first time making one.

• Like Like x 7
  2. PhilaSimulation

PhilaSimulation New Member

If they do this it's probably only going to Lancaster. I hope Harrisburg is included so a full Keystone can be operated though.

3. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Lancaster? Lol! With the way the Hudson Line went, it will probably be more like Paoli. But that will never happen because Septa refuses to allow DTG licensing. If they did give DTG a license, I can see it going something like this...

"Amtrak Keystone Corridor: Philadelphia to Paoli" and they would advertise it like it's some big epic route when it's really a small fraction of the whole route. And God help you if they decide to do it for TSW. Then it would be more like Philly to Bryn Mawr!

4. Random Railfan

Yeah, for them Lancaster is wayyyy to generous. Unless they're in a good mood, they would probably just make it to Thorndale, or maybe, like you said, Paoli. I mean Paoli is like 20 miles from Center City, so that would be too short, probably TSW-grade. It probably would go to Thorndale. Lancaster would be nice though. If they do a good job capturing the laid-back, rural, Amish country feel that is.

5. John Murphy

Well you see what they did with the Hudson Line recently right? They terminated the route at Croton Harmon when the game is capable of handling the route all the way to Albany, let alone the end of Metro North territory at Poughkeepsie. If Septa gave them a license and they did the route (and if they got off their little kick for German routes that they're on right now), I could really see them just terminating the route at Paoli even in TS, just so they could rush it to production and make more money quicker, and these fanboys you see on here would buy it up in a heartbeat and pay $40 for such a short route. With how much they screw us over, they shouldn't take the route to Paoli, or Thorndale, or Lancaster. They OWE us the whole route all the way from Philly to Harrisburg. The game can handle it, so they should do it. If it's Lancaster or Harrisburg, I'll pay their $40. If it's Thorndale, I'll wait until it goes on sale. If it's Paoli, they lost my sale completely. I don't care if they extend it later.

6. Random Railfan

Paoli would just be stupid. I think Thorndale would also be pretty short, since it's only like 30 miles away from Philly. I doubt that Dovetail would make it all the way to Harrisburg though, since it's way too far. I think Lancaster would be a good compromise, since it doesn't make the drive on an Amtrak train feel so short (like it does on the Hudson Line), as well as adding more variety to the scenery.

And yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with you about the German stuff. They just keep releasing German and Austrian content all the time now. Mostly 3rd party stuff though, which I find quite odd.

7. John Murphy

Yeah. I called them out on it and all I got was moans and complaints and downvotes from all the fanboys. Gotta love this community. I'm sorry to any German people who see this, but these German routes just all seem the same to me and they're easily forgettable. Even American routes are slacking off. It's rare anymore that they release an American route that's not a mountain pass. I mean, some of the scenery is good and there's famous landmarks on those routes, but I often get sick and tired of spending 3 or 4 hours lugging a heavy freight train through the woods at 20 to 30 mph. I want something fast. I'd even settle for another NJT route. Maybe the Raritan Valley Line or even better, the Atlantic City Line. They'd definitely be able to do the whole Atlantic City Line. They've done longer routes in TS even before the 64 bit update.

• Like Like x 2
  8. NJT Railfan

NJT Railfan Well-Known Member

The Keystone Corridor has been getting done for a while now. (Not by DTG). Not sure if it will go all the way (probably). But you would miss out on Metroliner Cab Car and Septa Silverliner V. Also, if DTG were to do it, there would probably be unbranded locos since Septa rejected their request for a license.

9. Random Railfan

I agree with you on that John. The German routes are all the same. 120-140 KPH suburban lines that have sound barriers or just houses and trees. The rolling stock leaves something to be desired as well. The Atlantic City Line would be wonderful, since you get all the crossings, plus somewhat varied scenery.

And NJT Railfan who's doing the Keystone Corridor?

10. John Murphy

Plus I don't like the smooth throttles and sharp braking of the German trains and don't even get me started on the signaling system. I don't do PZB. I like notched throttles better. I mean, smooth throttles are good for maintaining just the right amount of power so you don't have to be constantly playing with the throttle, but trying to get to that perfect percentage or even worse, trying to get it to 0 is a nightmare. It always either goes to 1 or 2, or -1 or -2. Just enough to make you gradually accelerate or decelerate. God forbid you just set it to 0 so you can coast. I know there are some American trains like that, such as the ACS or the Metro North trains, but the German ones can be REALLY sensitive. And yeah, 120-140 suburban lines with noise barriers and trees sums it all up. Very rarely you'll get one in the mountains which can be very pretty, but for the most part, that's all the German routes.

It would also be nice if they implemented the Patco Line if they did the ACL, but like that will ever happen.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NJT Railfan

NJT Railfan Well-Known Member

Someone on FB.

12. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Some freight action could be nice, too. I'd like to see PRR electrics in the 1940s-60s on this route.

13. Meeper5

Meeper5 Well-Known Member

since septa refused harrisburg to lancaster or thorndale is more likely

• Like Like x 1