PC Long Train Problem [main-spessart Bahn Br 185.2 Db 88109 Service]

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, May 1, 2019.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Hello!

My issue is to start moving. I know the loco starting procedure like this one (last call in this topic https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/cant-start-train.14848/) but loco seems to be underpowered for hauling like this. I don't know, is this about know-how or maybe is this a game problem?

Compressing the whole set by moving backward sometimes helps and this seems to make sense, but don't work on possible next forced stop, like as a result of the red signal.

The question is: how to start moving with a very heavy/long train? :)

2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

If you ever have trouble getting started, put your brakes in release and press-hold the "brake overcharge" for 15 seconds. then wait about 2 minutes and the brakes should come off. Sometimes wagon brakes get an overcharged reservoir and the normal release pressure won't trip them to release. If you're on a bank, you may want to do a full direct / loco brake application first to pin the train while the train brakes release.

I'll take a look later and remind myself which one 88109 is - but they all ought to be able to go up from a standing start at this point, the last MSB patch shortened some of them to bring them in to a more sensible total weight.

Matt.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It's helps! Thx a lot :)