How Long Is A Reasonable Time To Wait For Red Light Clearance

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by FrankieAbbott, May 2, 2019.

1. FrankieAbbott

FrankieAbbott Member

10 mins? 20 mins?.......half hour? Or is it a bug. All requests to pass signal denied. First red light I've encountered and dont fancy switching xbox off/closing down game if/when I encounter next one.

2. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Please tell us which route and service you're talking about

3. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

tell us which route your stuck on the red light. and did you look on the map to see if other trains are on the line you are on. you might be following another slow train which also might be following another slow train, so you might have to wait until the line clears before you can move

4. FrankieAbbott

FrankieAbbott Member

During my first Paddington to Reading passenger run (I've had the game for nearly a week.....xbox console). Red signal waiting outside Slough station. I checked the map but couldn't fathom out what to interpret. Maybe a factor was that I was running around 25 minutes behind schedule at this point of the game. I restarted the Paddington to Reading run......with better timekeeping....and the red light situation didn't crop up.

5. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

Try saving and then re load it using the last played. Fixed a buggy red light for me on RSN. May be worth a try next time you get that

• Like Like x 1
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'll confirm that running a scenario or session too slowly (I'm prone to this) can lead to encountering yellow or red signals. My knowledge of real railroading is limited, but this situation strikes me as realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

so heres what i would do, wait a bit then look up the track to see if there are any locos etc ahead of you that are causing the block. If so wait for them to move (they will eventually), if the line looks clear its probably a bug. In my experience a reload has always fixed this issue.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

In real life, I think my record that I've seen was about 10 hours. But usually 15 minutes to 2 hours.

9. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I do beta testing for a scenario “commercial” scenario developer for TS2019 - In some ultra realistic scenarios - about 10 minutes was the max because of the reality of running a simulator - people don’t want to sit on their thumbs for extended periods of time. Real life. Is totally different.

I agree with Cheesypuff2 if you have to wait for an inordinately long time - check the route map and see if their is a blocking train in front or approaching - if not - hit <TAB> and as permission to proceed. If granted do so — if it say denied - “ No routes” - possible a hung signal - save and exit then reload from the “Last Played” tab and see if it clears.