Br Class 52 Out Now On Pc

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, May 2, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 6
  2. Darthtool

Darthtool Member

all that power... speed limit 30mph xD

why cant DTG let us use any loco on any route.. bit of user freedom, is that such a hard thing?

3. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

It would be nice to, as long as the route can power the train.

4. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Have people noticed that one of the scenarios is the halfway section of a railtour from London?
    GWE scenario to finish it off? Please Matt. Please!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shtirlitz-isaev

Shtirlitz-isaev Member

6. Shtirlitz-isaev

Shtirlitz-isaev Member

DTH fell again in my eyes. To do this in 2019 is unthinkable. If earlier the Windows were tinted and the light did not penetrate through them, now you insert the texture and disgusting quality. How do you like your locomotives so much if you allow this?

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  7. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

As cool as it would be to see the engine, do you realize how much extra modeling and rendering that would take? Your FPS would drop in half and this loco wouldn't be released for another month. They're not incredibly see-through from any real distance in real life anyway, so it doesn't make much of a difference!

8. Shtirlitz-isaev

Shtirlitz-isaev Member

I do not agree in TS 2019 in the locomotive is the engine room , but here is not! The MCTS 2001 had an engine room and it didn't fall.

9. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

DTG,

As much as I always love to see an additional British Loco added to the stock in TSW, can I just give a bit of constructive criticism?

Firstly, I'm Very disappointed to see no nameplates on those that should have them, is it really that difficult? We had North Star for the 47, why no names on the Westerns?

Secondly, would it not of been an even more good incentive to purchase this by including MK1 Maroon or BR Blue reskins? I appreciate the discount by owning the 33 & WSR route but seriously, I wouldn't of mind paying a couple more quid for some re-skins.

Finally, now as much as I love chilling out in passenger view on the WSR, I now have a new engine here that I want to let full thrash but I can't because there are no scenario's available for GWE! We've already been shown it's possible to swap stock from one route to another, so why can't we have a couple of scenario's on GWE to let her go full cry!?!

Look forward to your response.

• Like Like x 1
  10. raildan

I've seen a couple videos of this online that show it with nameplates, so I'm guessing those screenshots are out of date and they were squeezed in just before release, but apparently they're there.

As for the scenarios, when the editor comes out, there will be plenty of opportunities to run this elsewhere. I think it's intended for that to be the job of the community (eventually, of course) and not DTG. I can guarantee you there will be scenarios taking every old BR diesel on every modern British route when the editor is released.

• Like Like x 1
  11. raildan

Vague black silhouettes through a window don't really count- doing this in TSW would mean the engine would have to calculate more lighting on it. They probably could have done that, but it wouldn't really add more detail, just some lag, definitely nothing noticeable. It's not a big deal IMO.

I'm really sorry, but I can't quite tell what you're trying to say here...

12. Scorpion71

Interesting! When I went into service mode on the game, I had D1023 which I believe should of been 'Western Fusilier' but nothing, I then had D1041 after reloading the game, but no nameplate of 'Western Prince'

13. raildan

Huh... that is odd. I looked this up some more and found that some videos have it and some don't

Here is a video with nameplates:

Here's one without:

I also have NO idea why they have the exact same thumbnail, and the older video is the one without the nameplates despite the loco in the thumbnail having nameplates, but I guess that's a different issue.

14. Shtirlitz-isaev

Shtirlitz-isaev Member

I knew you wouldn't understand. Here is the locomotive for MSTS 2001 in this window transparent and see what's inside. In the game he feels good and FPS is not reduced. It's all in the right hands. 1.jpg

15. Scorpion71

Hmmm, obviously not all names have been added (yet?), oh well good to know there are some with names :) Just hope I get one of them on my travels

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  16. raildan

Ah, I see- I thought "MSTC" was "MSTS" but kept looking for an MSTS class 52 (I found one with no transparent windows). Well, again, that's in much lower resolution with much more basic lighting, and perhaps most importantly by a third party which has more time to perfect these thing than DTG does.

17. Shtirlitz-isaev

Shtirlitz-isaev Member

I'm glad you understand. But it is sad that DTH does bad one locomotive. Take at least the American locomotives CSX that's what we should strive for, and not fall down.

18. Scorpion71

Yep, seems like that could be the case, after about 4 more goes, I finally had a named one D1015 'Western Champion', just a shame the model engine I had on my trainset as a kid, D1062 'Western Courier' is not carrying the name in the sim :(

19. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Hadnt noticed myself. But Id be pretty confident of this being addressed sharpish.

20. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

I like that alot. I have to be honest i got all giddy even though i know there arent much main trackage in the map. Cool none the less.

As well as the diesel gala

• Like Like x 1
  21. Louwe

Louwe Member

I have already asked that once and it does not seem possible :-( I would also like to see that you could make several save games, but this also seems to be impossible :-(

22. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

I read on Discord that only two of the Westerns are named due to licensing issues, one of them being Western Champion '
    They do look strange nameless.

23. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

Is there a chance this coming to console?

24. raildan

I, uh, have no idea why you quoted me here, but... it's already out on console?

25. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Would someone really object to them using the names of them, that just seems a bit petty to say the least.

26. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I agree seems very petty. Frankly I would have rather they hadn't included those they were unable to include the names of, it looks wrong having an unnamed Western appear.

27. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

I don't understand the licensing issues with the long scrapped loco's who holds the licensing to those,
    And the numbers are on plates anyway so..

28. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I imagine they only wanted to supply the preserved examples.