Tsw: Go Hydraulic With The Western!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, May 2, 2019.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Experience something new under the sunny skies of West Somerset in the form of the BR Class 52, which is available now for Train Sim World!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 12
  2. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me where the DSD isolate is please.

3. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

its under the desk

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Thanks.

5. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

The brakes are a bit tasty on this thing.... I've been down and up and haven't used anything more than initial application....

6. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

Is this supposed to be D1010 Western Campaigner, where's the nameplate? Couldn't you have done just the one for the only loco in preservation on the WSR in Maroon and small yellow warning panel?

7. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

D1010 and D1015 have nameplates ingame.

8. CrossEyedMary

CrossEyedMary New Member

Yes but due to game’s silly random loco allocation, getting either of these Westerns is a complete lottery. It also seems to prioritise the 47 (but never North Star) for AI services. I just completed the Western scenario from Minehead to Norton Fitzwarren and every AI loco was a 47. The random loco thing should be bypassed for heritage railways that own specific locos.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Scenarios are predetermined aren't they? The stock is dictated by the creator.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Scenarios can use substitution too.

11. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

I just completed that scenario and the AI locos I got were a 33 at Minehead, an 09 at Crowcombe and another 33 at lydeard, with the 47 in the QB siding, but I didn't get the WSR western....

I have to agree with you completely that the whole route could (and should be done) with WSR locos alone....

Still a decent DLC though....

12. Dave Mel

i have not seen any class 52 on WSR with a nameplate on it. Plus i also think that some of the brushes and peaks on NTP should have nameplates on as well. i think there random number generator needs to be looked at. i other thing i reported ages ago was on GWR some of the HST locos had been numbered 44??? but these are hst coach numbers not loco numbers

13. CrossEyedMary

CrossEyedMary New Member

I'd like to retract the accusation of the random loco allocation being a silly feature. It serves a purpose and makes sense on any route that in reality features multiple examples of a loco and or train, and i'm appreciative of the work that Dovetail has done so far.
    It occurs to me that given that the 09 has it's own services it must be possible to allocate specific timetabled trains to specific locos. For example, if you want to drive the 10:15 Minehead to BL
    you have to select the Class 47 and if you want to drive the opposite 10:15 BL to Minehead you will need to drive the 33 etc. Obviously I realise that this is dependant on players buying the dlc locos.

14. ex_railwayman

What??? D1015 is located at Severn Valley Railway, there is ONLY 1 Class 52 Western at West Somerset Heritage Railway, D1010, which has a nameplate affixed if you look at all the photographs on the internet.

15. ex_railwayman

There is only one resident Class 52 based at the WSR, and it has a nameplate affixed like all the other members of the Class preserved at heritage railways around the UK, do you think these volunteers would allow it to run without a nameplate????
    watch this video.......

16. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

To be fair, it is a diesel gala, so having other Westerns from other heritage railways makes sense... but I do agree they should add more nameplates / make fewer loco numbers available (maybe just all the ones preserved in maroon?).

17. Anthony Pecoraro

They only got licensing for two nameplates.

18. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Or so I've heard, yes... in that case, there aren't that many trains on the WSR, so I don't really see the problem with only two locos.

I am, however, as someone outside the UK, still really confused as to how those can be liscenced in the first place?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Anthony Pecoraro

So am I.

20. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

I honestly dont get why the names are licenced anyway either, why would anyone who owned the loco object to the name being used and since the number of the loco is associated with the name, why isn't the number also licenced, could it just be that whoever was responsible for modelling the nameplates just couldn't be bothered to model them all and the licencing issue was used as an excuse. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  21. Dave Mel

i always wonder why in the game we dont have to get the token from the signalman as we run on a single line. if you look in that video they get the token and give it back. it would make the the game even more realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

That's very interesting. I had never thought of that although I do see it happening regularly on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway.
    I wonder if it might be possible? However, it would probably only be required for heritage lines such as WSR.

23. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

In TS2019 I have tested several scenarios where one must wait to receive the proper token and some routes have the radio token system. Theses exchanges are through the pop up instructions so I can see it being used in scenarios and services for TSW just like the passenger loading messages.

24. Dave Mel

in this game i have driven the 52s 1023 should have a nameplate western fusilier, 1013 should have a nameplate western ranger, 1041 should have a nameplate western prince. the only one i have driven with a nameplate on is 1010 western campaigner.

i wonder why the others dont have nameplates when they should have them on. i noticed someone futher up said dtg dont have licences for them. so then i wonder why they are using them in the game. i know there are 7 of them in preservation. i do like them in this game but just confused why no nameplates.

25. Anthony Pecoraro

The names are licensed I believe.