New Next Loco Annoucment???

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SHINO BAZ, May 4, 2019.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

So when do you think DT might clues us all in on what addon loco might be next?And which route do you think or want or hope is next?(for this loco)...

2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

CSX: ET44AH, ES44AH, SD80MAC, AC6000CW, 3GS21B Genset Switcher
    Amtrak: Genesis Diesel, Acela, Siemens SC-44 Charger
    New US or Canadian Routes with BNSF/ATSF, UP, NS, CN, CP, SP
    Steam Locos: British or American

• Like Like x 5
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

All good choices but one BNSF/ATSF will not not get done due to the license restrictions.

• Like Like x 2
  4. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

LIRR

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

If i had to take a wild guess....

BR Class 37, 40 or 55 "Deltic" in BR Blue for the Northern Trans-Pennine route, as they were famous for working there in the 1980's. Class 55's were always being taken off the ECML to work services there.

BUT...

If DTG wanted to provide their first UK electric trains in TSW, i would guess BR Class 86 and 87 on a new WCML route, as they are about the most popular and longest serving AC electric locomotives in the last 40 years.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  6. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Next DLC? US route. Not a loco DLC, but since the US is *way* behind in number of available locomotives, it could very well have MULTIPLE new locomotives.

Next loco DLC? No idea, but these are what I see as most likely:

UK: Class 08 and Class 40 together as a freight pack for NTP This might seem a bit unlikely, after all it has 2 locos, but both are mentioned together in the game files somewhere, do it's pretty likely actually.

Also possible is an EWS class 08 for GWE, which is also mentioned in that same file... but I hope they hold that back until the next UK route so it has a better route to actually use on.

US: LIRR M3. No game files for this, but it seems like there are other DLC that aren't mentioned in it either (the 155 didn't appear until closer to announcement). It would work pretty well on the route, sharing the same services as the M7 and providing a different driving experience. It would certainly be popular to all the LIRR fans here.

They could also do a CSX genset for NEC and CSX:HH, but I don't think this is really all that likely since the GP40-2 is already a loco DLC for the same services. Also worth noting that, while they DID operate on these routes when they were released, CSX has since returned them. That being said, I could be surprised... I would have thought the Class 33 would be the last thing for the WSR for a while.

DE: IDK if this would be the *next* DLC, but I'm certain there's a DB BR 294 in the works for both MSB and RSN. One does not simply model kilometers and kilometers of unusable track if they're not going to be used later, especially track with so many opportunities for switching. Not only that, but this one's also in the game file mentioned earlier.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

This is the loco DLC i'm looking forward to the most, as there's not a lot of switching that you can do in the game right now.

8. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

LIRR Port Jefferson Branch (or any other, for that matter) or a northern route; we don't get many of those at all. Things like the Amtrak Cascades between Washington state and Vancouver to the Amtrak Downeaster between Boston North Station and Brunswick even to the quaint GO Transit routes in Ontario. VIA Rail would also be great, but I think that'd require the excluded (and much-needed) Poughkeepsie extension of the Metro-North to even initiate the development towards Albany and Canada. The Harlem Line of the Metro-North would also be a nice addition to the MNR network.

Of course, these are just suggestions and to be honest, at this point, I wouldn't expect DTG to even do half of any one thing above, if they do take them into consideration.

And obviously, not all of these will come to fruition at once. But who doesn't love to dream about trains anyways? lol

• Like Like x 2
  9. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I want more Diesels!

• Like Like x 5
  10. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

Me too!!! Please more American Diesels!!

• Like Like x 5
  11. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

YES!!

• Like Like x 4
  12. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you on Amtrak Downeastern,Metro North and lirr Port Jefferson Route.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SnelsonPlaysTrainSim

SnelsonPlaysTrainSim New Member

The 3GS21B would be a great addition (as unlikely as it would be) to the Sand Patch, given that the route is severely lacking in switching.

• Like Like x 1
  14. npalmer405

npalmer405 Member

The Amtrak Downeaster is not possible because most of track is owned by Pam Am Railways. I don’t know why but Pam Am Railways hate everyone. The reason why Portland terminal route was removed for TS. Pam Am Railways does not want anyone to have anything to do with them. But maybe if they do the pilot program from Brunswick Me to Rockland Me along the Rockland Branch. (I would love this in TSW because I live between Brunswick and Rockland. I live close to the station in Newcastle Maine along the line)

15. mrchuck

we might be getting a New England route next for train sim world?

• Like Like x 1
  16. npalmer405

npalmer405 Member

Cool I would love that!

17. mrchuck

I hope they’ll do MBta or release a lirr dual mode diesel locomotive.

Attached Files:

18. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

Yes, I would love the NRE Genset 3GS21B to be available for xBox 1.
    That loco is the whole reason I bought the game after seeing videos of it (not realising it was PC), but it doesn't exist in xBox 1 :-(

As others have stated, I too would like more North American diesels and freight service; and far less communter / passenger service stuff.
    Out here in the countryside we see mostly mainline freight and branch line local switching freight. This would be great stuff that I think many would enjoy.

I have also suggested the unique CN GMD-1 as a DLC loco. These would be an awesome addition to the CN Oakville route and any additional future CN route content. Lots of potential and expansion-ability there.

• Like Like x 1
  19. npalmer405

npalmer405 Member

I was hoping when they did TSW LIRR they would add that locomotive. They will probably add the locomotive in a $10 DLC. Because they are greedy and can’t add anything to the game for free.

20. npalmer405

npalmer405 Member

I would love to see a GE Genesis loco and SCB-40 / SC-44 Siemens Charger

• Like Like x 1