PC ???

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, May 6, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Red car final copy.jpg

• Like Like x 18
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Hm, VW looking hatch, UK looking buildings out back? I dont know but im triggered

3. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

Uk route in 1989?

4. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I think its saltburn in the northeast england

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

6. Schnauzahpowahz

unnamed.jpg

I believe youre correct. By the power of google that looks like Saltburn methodist church, the line is behind the photographer from teaser image?

This image the steeple looks more narrow and acute. *scratches head*

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  7. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

So, the theory on twitter seems to be that SLB 1989 is a clue to the station and the time period. I hope it comes with some freight :)

8. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

GWE 287T might say that it's part of GWE network.

9. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

It's most likely the Saltburn Darlington route that was leaked. This would also break the typical DLC cycle which could mean the next American route might be a long one.

If that's the case though, it would be nice to see a change in the British content eventually, a lot of older (in terms of when in time) content is okay, but after a while it kinda gets a little boring. Hopefully the next route is something modern and electric

• Like Like x 4
  10. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

I wondered about that as well. But there was also lots of lovely freight stuff in there. I hope we get to see some of that 2, although that would be nice on Trans-Pennine.

I wondered what 287T is. Is that a clue as well? A type of wagon? 287 Tonne wagons on GWE??
    :)

11. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

It's shape and windows are completely different. I don't think that they would screw it up that much. It must be something else.

12. mokady

mokady Member

Is this long awaited US route or next 25mph UK retro??? For sure this will upset many people including me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

For sure it ain't US

• Like Like x 1
  14. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Uh... this is unexpected to say the least.

Definitely looks like Darlington-Saltburn as seen in the game's files, which does look interesting, but... where's the next US route?

This is odd, when people said they wanted a break from the US-UK-DE cycle I'm pretty sure this isn't what they meant...

On another note, hmm, is this modern day or 1989? I was honestly expecting closer to modern day, but just before the steel mills mostly closed down so there'd be a lot of freight.

• Like Like x 2
  15. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

This is why I posted the other day, why the hell did you all think it would be US? Your own baseless expectations are to blame, DTG gave no indication whatsoever that a new US route would be coming. Disappointing, but expected another UK route.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

17. raildan

Easy- they've ALWAYS followed a US-UK-DE route cycle in TSW. This is the first time in TSW they've broken this. That is why it was completely reasonable to expect a US route next.

So I am definitely a bit confused here... the thread's title kind of matches how I feel about this.

That being said, it does look like a good route, and 'm sure a new US route will be coming *eventually*... right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. raildan

Also, looking at the image a bit closer, it's gotta be 1989, the licence plate can't be a coincidence- if you look in the far back, you can see a car with a license plate saying "LMC 1983" (or at least 1980-something) which is NTP and the period it was set in.

So, 1989... this line looks like it was indeed already operated by pacers, but in BR Blue of course... my guess is a pacer and a class 37, plus a class 47 if you have NTP via substitution or something like that.

19. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

As mentioned above, it was established that the general route cycle would be US-UK-DE. I think they broke from it because it got leaked, and rather keep it under wraps, they will push it out now. After the DB leak, it was expected that the next route would probably be a UK one not because of the cycle, but because if this. The expectations are very much based in the fact that the development cycle has been a unique pattern for some time, very far from baseless.

I'm curious how long the teasers will go on for since the route is already known. 1989 with Pacers isn't bad, but as I mentioned before, I feel it's a lot of the same content we have been seeing for UK routes. We only have one really modern UK route - and nothing has come to improve it content wise.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

It is saltburn in 1989 because of the number plate and slb is the station code for for saltburn

• Like Like x 2
  21. Schnauzahpowahz

We have to figure out what kind of tree that is and what its region may be ;)

Leaves look oak-ish

• Like Like x 1
  22. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  23. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I googled the business name in the background and it is a restaurant in London.

24. raildan

Pretty sure they don't serve "ladies, men's, and children's wear," though, might want to zoom in a bit...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. ashleylumbers

ashleylumbers New Member

Would anyone know what Locomotives were operating on the Tees Valley Line in 1989 ?

26. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I’m a bit disappointed. I was hoping for an American route.

• Like Like x 7
  27. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

It certainly looks British and historic. Support for Classes 33 and 52 would be really nice.

It actually seems logical that the next route is UK-based.
    1 - they're UK based company and only known 2nd party developer worked on British trains.
    2 - Cycle 2 US and UK routes were released on the 20th of March and 24th of May, that's 65 days apart. Cycle 3 routes were released on the 20th of November and 13th of December, that's only 23 days.

Last US route interval was 243 days, so the next US route could be ready on 21st of July.
    Last UK route interval was 203 days, so the next UK route could be ready on 4th of July.

Now it seems that next Thursday (16th) could be the release day with the interval of 154 days.
    If I take the same speed increase for US route, I get 182-183 days, resulting in 21st of 22nd of May.

So it could be that the next US route is just around the corner, being released on the 23rd or 30th of May.

• Like Like x 1
  28. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

I would guess that this is the Darlington - Saltburn route in 1989 with the following rolling stock:
    • Railfreight Class 47
    • Regional Railways Class 142
    • Some freight wagons for the class 47

• Like Like x 4
  29. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Upon a closer look and searching as a clothing retailer you are right.

30. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

fairly sure if it's tees valley, it'll be a pacer, a class 66 and maybe a 156...

31. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Comparing with the German routes, it would be logical to build on the NTP route, so you can share the rolling stock naturally over the routes, or htey should choose to use GWE as a basis for new routes. Some UK freight would be nice anyway and I like the atmosphere of tha past. Modern railway does not fit the British well anyway, I think. :)

32. raildan

Nope, the license plate says"1989" (and we know this isn't a coincidence because a car in the background has "LMC 1983" for the NTP route). so, it isn't modern day, which is a surprise to say the least... I really expected this to be set more recently with the rolling stock you described.
    We could get a class 37 also, it looks like those were common in the area (?). After all, the 47's easy- just add a headlight and a new livery to the one from NTP, bam.

As for paint schemes, there are two ways they could do this. They could go with the newer liveries, with grey on the freight locos (they don't even necessarily have to do individual sector liveries- they could do the early BR logo grey scheme and the two-tone blue but with the BR logo for the pacer), or they could go with BR blue again. I like the first option because at least the paint is different, I feel like we need variety- if we're going to do different eras, at least do actually different eras. WSR has BR Green, NTP has BR Blue, this might have BR grey and, uh, more shades of blue on the pacers. But I also really like the variety we've seen in the German routes, so the second option is reasonable too...

33. animalkosmik

animalkosmik Well-Known Member

Redcar Central!?:)

• Like Like x 2
  34. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Could a pacer sub for a Class 101 in NTP?

35. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Doesn't look a lot like Saltburn to me but I confess I'm not that familiar with the town- I think there's much more of the church though and Street View in Google Earth seems to bear that out. Of course it could be somewhere else along the same line. If it is I might be buying TSW.

36. 37114

37114 Active Member

Hoping this is set in the 80’s. Far more freight traffic than there is now. Could be interesting.

• Like Like x 4
  37. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

A 37 would be nice, does anyone know if 56s or 60s were about then?

Class 143s were also still based in Heaton in 1989, so maybe that's included as well

38. 37114

37114 Active Member

A 37 is essential for this era. They were pretty much on everything. 56's were about but not based at Thornaby and 60's were still being built.

• Like Like x 2
  39. raildan

I'm noticing lots of substitution opportunities here that could work out pretty well with NTP and some other possible loco DLC.

I'm not entirely sure how fitting a 101 would be here in 1989, it looks like they were mostly gone from that area by then, but if not, you might be able to drive the 101 from NTP on this.

The freight add-on for NTP could also work with this route. I really feel like this route could come with a class 37, so that could run on freight services in NTP. The Class 08 that will be (game files, again) in the freight pack has a TON of switching to do on this route. Obviously the route is a bit too late for the class 40).

I feel like a class 56 + coal wagon DLC could fit really well here too in the future, working on both NTP and this route.

• Like Like x 3
  40. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

Thanks

My money's on a 37, 142, 08 and a load of freight wagons.
    Hopefully there's an extensive amount of freight services around the Redcar area.

41. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

I'd imagine it'll be the opposite, this route will almost certainly have freight stock and locos, so I'd imagine that they'd also appear on NTP

• Like Like x 2
  42. raildan

That's kinda what I said yeah... both ways

43. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

SLB 1989?! SLB ?! RED car? A Portuguese route passing in Benfica city, in Lisbon? But that tower roof and that “Bradley’s” Poster said NO, but the constructions are similar to Lisbon.

44. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

I really doubt it's a Portuguese route. 925% sure it's in the UK.

• Like Like x 3
  45. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

So now we think its set in 1989. The BR blue shunter is likley this and not NTP. The EWS dlc has to be for GWE.
    Im thinking crossover layers are going to be utilised with a reskinned 47. Having a 142 and 08 with wagons as the route dlc.

46. mokady

mokady Member

Like everybody else. DTG must be joking with this new UK route. We have only one good US freight line which was released almost 2,5 years ago and even that is broken right now with AC-DC-AC diesel locos physics. We have 3 UK routes that have a lot of content and now we will have 4....

My theory is that they still didnt fix AC diesel locos for CSX HH and this is why they are not making new US content because it would require new AC loco (like ES44AC) and poeple would be furious if they again released same broken reskined AC44CW....

• Like Like x 1
  47. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The physics for those have been fixed. They should be released soon.

• Like Like x 5
  48. raildan

No, the 08's a DLC for NTP, and we know this because the reference to it in the game files starts with "LMC" (Leeds-Manchester), just like the locos that come with the route.

Undoubtedly it would work on both routes, though.

At least we're getting those broken physics fixed soon, maybe that's why they're working on that, as CSX:HH will need to be the sole US freight-oriented route for a while...

• Like Like x 5
  49. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yeah ofcourse forgot about the route codes in the list.

50. Meeper5

Meeper5 Well-Known Member