PC ???

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, May 6, 2019.

1. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I would have liked a more modern UK route, following the 2 older one´s we already got.
    I hope DTG breaks the Loco cycle they currently seem to stick with, Germany has the Electrics, UK gets the Diesel.

Its of course a bit of a bummer for those hoping for a new US route / content but if its not ready what should they do. At least their is a Thread in the PS4 section where a stuff member from DTG said that there will be more US content. It might just happend that this Team was done faster or the US route just needs some more work.

So i will most likely still buy this route, but personally would have prefered a more modern UK route, with a mix of Diesel and Electric trains maybe.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

I think that we have so much 47 in game, 2 of the 3 released routes have it, hopefully isn’t a 47

3. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

There are plenty of people who thought the procession of modern routes in TS was getting a little boring to be honest. Personally I prefer older routes but also like driving trains so would welcome a modern electric route almost as much!

• Like Like x 2
  4. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Yeah... it looks like the US-UK-DE cycle has been replaced with just releasing stuff when it's ready, which is fine, really. Probably how they've been putting stuff out faster- they aren't holding stuff back because it would be out of order.

As for a modern UK route l, I'm not convinced that the Virgin Trains article featuring a Pendolino wasn't a hint of a future route. Personally, I think Manchester to Stoke-on-Trent with the 390 and 323 (and 66) would work nicely.

• Like Like x 3
  5. raildan

I would be fine with another 47 as long as it comes in a different livery and there's another new freight loco like a 37 or something. They were pretty common after all. But yeah, they are kind of becoming the doppelstock of British routes.

• Like Like x 2
  6. theorganist

If we are talking about the Saltburn route the new version would have still had the class 142 but in a different livery and probably the class 66. There was more freight in the 80's so from that point of view the line was much more interesting. Also some cross over of traction with NTP (as with the German routes) would be possible although the NTP is a couple of years to early for the class 142, the class 142 could possibly be used on this line in 1989 although by then I think most of Heaton depots first generation DMU fleet were class 108's used on the Cumbrian coast line. The blue 47 would be fine though, the class 45 had gone by 1989.

7. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Probably longer time than usual because the route is going to be longer than normal so will take more time.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I hope so.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

We need a long and fast American route, with of course Amtrak :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Meeper5

Meeper5 Well-Known Member

same

11. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

That particular church is used in NTP. Ive seen it. So would think its a generic building rather than one modelled from reference.

• Like Like x 1
  12. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I don’t know if someone has pointed this out but the license plate says “SLB 1989” saltburn 1989.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

Yes, a “first” pendolinos route?

14. raildan

It was one of the first things people figured out, that's what lead us to think it is the Saltburn - Darlington route in the UK, or the "Tees Valley Line."

The Pendolino can't go to Saltburn, the line isn't even electrified.

• Like Like x 1
  15. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Does the number plate of the blue car say LMC 1985?
    It will be interesting to see what, if any, improvements to signalling, physics and scenery DTG have come up with since MSB.

16. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

LMC 1983

17. matthewbguilford

Here’s some close up shots. I wonder if that’s a real store?

Attached Files:

18. raildan

I... I just got this joke... lol

I mean, come on, my username is a pun, I should be better at noticing these!

19. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Looks like still no UK electric locos or units for TSW then. Very disappointing. So much for variety.

• Like Like x 1
  20. raildan

I mean, this is still more variety (presumably it comes with new locos, including a pacer probably), and nobody said they wouldn't be making more routes.

I'm still waiting on the next US route, too, but as long as both are coming I don't really have much of a problem with this route existing. It looks like DTG is just going to be releasing DLC with less of a set schedule now, just whenever they're ready.

But yeah, I too hope they break off of this eventually. I just might as well enjoy the cool, even if not electric, route. and if I don't really want to, I don't buy it and keep waiting- they're clearly making DLC faster now, so it shouldn't be too long of a wait.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  21. matthewbguilford

Here is a couple photos I pulled off google. It looks like the class 101 was used in that time period!

Attached Files:

22. raildan

It looks like the class 101's may have been gone by then, I did some research earlier and thought I found an image of a 101 on the line in 1989, but it was a driver training special and not a regular service, so I really don't know if they were still there. If they were, though, that's a great substitution opportunity from NTP!

23. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

If any of you are disappointed, vote with your wallets! Frankly sick of these classic UK routes and trains, and will continue to not purchase them. Those of you who share similar sentiments should do the same, so DTG finally gives us a modern one due to poor sales.

• Like Like x 1
  24. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Good sentiment, definitely should only purchase routes in which one has an interest. For me personally, the 101s and class 40s are the era I really enjoy so will look forward to another route in this classic period.

• Like Like x 4
  25. matthewbguilford

These buildings from a street in saltburn look very similar! I think we can confirm that is where the next route will be.

Attached Files:

26. 37114

37114 Active Member

There won’t be poor sales as this is one of the most popular eras. Each to their own I’ve zero interest in modern stuff. It’s just a unit Railway. Very dull to me.

• Like Like x 5
  27. 37114

37114 Active Member

Class 40’s were long gone by 1989.

• Like Like x 1
  28. theorganist

That photo of the class 101's would have been in the 60's or very early 70's at the latest as they are in BR Green livery which had disappeared on multiple units by the early to mid 70's. There may have been one or two still knocking around but Heaton depot which is the depot I imagine supplied the DMU's for the Salburn line had pretty much mainly 2nd generation units by then. However it would be great to be able to drive the 101 on there.

• Like Like x 2
  29. theorganist

Well quite frankly there were plenty of us getting sick of all the modern routes in TS1! I will be voting with my wallet and purchasing this route at the first opportunity.

• Like Like x 11
  30. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

Why are you dissappointed, it's the same stock as now, except the 142 is in RR livery, and you have a 37 instead of the 66, which is arguably the better loco, as the 66 is a bit boring.
    Also with it set in 1989, there's way more freight traffic, making service mode more interesting

• Like Like x 3
  31. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Having a look now but the green car GWE 287T is that the head code of a railtour?
    As for Darlington Saltburn Stock. I think the class 47 should be free just like the 182 is to RSN and MSB if you own it already. New locos such as 31s,37s or 56’s should be in the DLC purchase. With the options of railfreight livery and railfreight sub sector liveries.

32. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

i think the saltburn thing is right and i can see what DTG are doing. With german routes we can use multiple locos across different routes and i think they want to make that possible with british too. Therefore i think we may get 2 new locos with this route. The pacer and another one that can be used across both routes, I also think we will get freight on this route which is then also portable across to NTP so therefore we get freight on both lines!

For those talking about a modern route i agree it sucks for the moment however i fully expect the next british route will be modern, i think the focus here is to create route with transferable locos etc and create a rich service mode like the German routes which Matt is very keen on and as NTP was developed later it is likely it was more 'ready' for the transferring than GWE is.

For those mentioning the US i agree its a bit of a shock however as a positive it means that DTG are pushing out dlc when its ready and therefore we get more content more often which is great! I would also suspect a US dlc is very close to release as well.

• Like Like x 6
  33. Meeper5

Meeper5 Well-Known Member

because they skipped the US route and went to the UK

• Like Like x 1
  34. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Sandpatch was the longest route in TSW to date. I think?
    With console missing out and the outcry for a route that DTG may not be able to rework for multiplatform release. Maybe they are going for a new route, similar length and features to Heavy Haul. Downside is, it takes a bit longer to make.

• Like Like x 2
  35. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

I don't think DTG have skipped anything. The Germany-US-UK cycle is purely a fictitious idea made up by certain forum members.

• Like Like x 4
  36. Cheesypuff2

it was not a fictitious idea ,but how for the first year or so of the game the dlc was released. This was most likely to keep everyone interested in the game. However what this dlc (and the last month) releases show is that they are releasing when things are ready. This means more regular content and there must be alot of stuff in the pipeline

• Like Like x 3
  37. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

DTG have stated that Diesel electrics are the most complex to replicate in TSW. Thinking back. What were the last Diesel electric locos released? 33 and 45 were outsourced? WSR 47. Thats a year or so ago. Maybe the routes are ready but the locos arent. If they released with niggles and bugs. These forums would go insane.

• Like Like x 1
  38. solon

solon Active Member

I hope is not a new UK route, it would be the worst advertisement for the future of TS World ... without editor.

... At least a steam locomotive to expand the possibilities of TSW would be a positive message.

39. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Its a UK route 100%

• Like Like x 3
  40. solon

solon Active Member

It seems that in this forum, (4) players only want English route, and no steam locomotive in TSW. Funny !
    (in addition they must be glad that DTG has abandoned the editor).

41. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

DLCs being released before others is probably a result if work being completed because its easier to implement. The lack of a new US route or Steam dosent mean its not in development.

• Like Like x 4
  42. solon

solon Active Member

Do you say that a steam locomotive may be potentially under development or that it is not in development (Sorry, I misread what you said). It would be nice for DTG to communicate a little more on its roadmap (like Unknow Worlds with Subnautica for example).

43. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

No Solon, that is not the case at all. Just many are not going to throw their toys out of the pram if what is being released isn’t what they want. If the route isn’t in the country or era of your interest, pass on it. Patience, eventually a modern route or steam route will be available.

• Like Like x 7
  44. theorganist

Of course you know they haven't abandoned the editor!! I very much want to see steam and especially a steam period route, but I can wait till they are ready to release one, I suspect we won't see steam this year.

I don't know actually know how you have arrived at your figures?!

• Like Like x 2
  45. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

Matt talked about Steam in one of the streams, they're comparatively easy to build compared to Diesel-Electrics.
    However they are difficult to drive, and because of this, there isn't much sales appeal, unless they develop some way of making them easier to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  46. theorganist

There have been plenty of steam locomotives and steam routes released in TS1 so I don't know why that would a barrier! When it came out Riviera in the 50's seemed very popular and judging by the amount of requests on forums etc for steam it seems it would be popular.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Cheesypuff2

Steam are very complicated to build in unreal, thats the issue and as its new software to them they are having to get their heads around it

• Like Like x 4
  48. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It’s not that they don’t want to have Steam locomotives in TSW, it’s because to build one its very, very complicated to build. Just look at all the visible moving parts which will have to be simulated, the physics, as well as the steam (and fire) itself. A lot more complicated than a diesel or electric loco, and don’t forget they’ve never made a steam engine in Unreal before.

I presume they want to get things as accurate as possible before releasing their first steam engine.

• Like Like x 4
  49. theorganist

That is what I thought and I am sure we will see it at sometime as I cannot see why they wouldn't want to include steam. If I recall another developer has showcased some steam engines in UE4, although I don't know how advanced those models were.

50. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Sorry, but you're talking out of a dark hole on that. Matt has said several times that steam is more complex rather than simpler...

And the editor was discussed in the last devstream and is still "in process".

People like the two quoted above are the main reason I would not want to put ANYTHING out before it was basically ready. Too many people wanting everything they want and wanting it yesterday even though numerous sources have said that they're works in progress etc etc

• Like Like x 10