PC Tsw And French Players Community

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by solon, Apr 30, 2019.

1. solon

solon Active Member

Hello

I am very satisfied with the work done on TSW and I have a lot of fun playing it. But for the moment, it interests few french players because there is no route or french train, and no editor for french developers. I do not know what is the reason for this absence while in France the train is very present historically. And there is a strong French community of players.

French line development is not profitable enough for DTG ? Or does DTG have a plan to attract French players ?

• Like Like x 4
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Very few sims include France for whatever reason. My usual answer to this is if local developers used the base of TSW they could develop local routes (subject to the editing tools being released (which is an adaption from already released tools so they could be working on things such as assets already))

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

License problems with SNCF

4. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

The French are constantly dissatisfied, and it is a Frenchman who says so. :D

more seriously maybe we are not enough on TSW simply .
    When the road publisher arrives and well we will do it ourselves and then that’s it

personally I would love to have a X2800 and a nice French country road to ride with.

PS: I’ve been creating routes for TS since 2013, and in every faith when I made French routes, there were about 1200 downloads, think about MR DTG

Money is money ..... ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. solon

solon Active Member

Can you say more ?

6. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

That was the problem in TSxxx. We only had a few French lines, made by DTG.
    That's what I read, at the time, or I was on the train simulator forum.

7. solon

solon Active Member

I also read that DTG would have an agreement (exclusivity) with Bombardier and could not model Alstom trains (?)

8. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that's not accurate... if they can't model Alstom's trains, it would probably be because they wouldn't have a license with Alstom, otherwise if it was supposed to be exclusively Bombardier, we wouldn't see models form other manufacturers like Siemens, which we have seen plenty of, even in TSW. And they HAVE modeled Alstom trains for TS19, so I don't think this is the case. I wouldn't know, though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. solon

solon Active Member

The problem is with SNCF company ?

10. animalkosmik

animalkosmik Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  11. solon

solon Active Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Pat Stringer

Pat Stringer New Member

Hello I'm new here, can we hope to one day see a DLC containing French regional railway sections, as well as wagons and locomotives? Thank you for your reply.

Best regards.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that give them licensing for Train Simulator and Train Sim World since DTG owns both of them?

14. ARuscoe

Depends on how the license is worded, a license to put a logo or content in one package doesn't mean it can be put in all packages made by a supplier

• Like Like x 1
  15. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Makes sense though that's kinda dumb. BTW does each company get a share in the money DTG makes off of that company based dlc?

16. ARuscoe

Not at all! If a company like Canadian Pacific licensed their logo for a particular game then they get money for that one game, in a few years that game's going to get replaced by something, so they can make money again for what? So their logo (which hasn't changed) can be used again. Makes great business sense, better that than one payment for perpetuity

I doubt it. More likely a payment is made as a license fee though whether this is a one time thing, annual or whatever is based on the contract

17. ARuscoe

Oh, and also WHERE the logo or asset can be used, for instance there are locos that can only be branded in the US, but have to be unbranded outside of it... Territory can also be written in