PC Train Sim World Wiki

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by NorthRail1, Mar 17, 2018.

1. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Train Sim World Wiki
    http://train-sim-world.wikia.com/wiki/Train_Sim_World_Wiki
    http://train-sim-world.wikia.com/wiki/Train_Sim_World

Discord server: https://discord.gg/Zkgs8YC

You may have already seen this but I thought I'd mention it here on the Dovetail Forums. In November 2016, I set up the Train Sim World wiki (I am known as TrainSim 1 there), which you can access at the above link. The aim of this wiki is to provide detailed information about Train Sim World such as route/loco details, as well as guides and tutorials to Train Sim World. Feel free to visit the wiki or make any edits or add new pages. If you have any questions or suggestions, ask them below!

This is a list of what the wiki covers:

• Information about the different routes and locomotives
    • Information about major locations such as Sand Patch, Paddington, NY Penn Station etc.
    • Task Logs for every scenario/tutorial (This is very much work in progress, mostly complete for NEC: New York but not for the over routes!)
    • Signalling guides for CSX Heavy Haul and Great Western Express. Note these are copy-overs from the DTG guides. I believe that DTG's CSX Heavy Haul signalling guide is no longer available on Dovetail Live.
    Something else I started on the TSW wiki is a tutorial series as DTG as there aren't many good guides for Train Sim World. However, I do not have very good knowledge of some aspects of TSW such as PZB, TPWS and ATC/ACSES so help would be appreciated in expanding these tutorials. Also, if you already have a TSW guide for operating the locomotives and safety systems, please provide a link so they can be linked into the wiki. A link to the tutorial series is available here. As you will see at the link, there are currently very few tutorials many of which are incomplete. The navbox at the bottom of each tutorial page shows which tutorials are completely missing (the ones in red). If you have any other ideas for tutorials, please leave a suggestion.

Editing the wiki
    It is not essential to make a FANDOM account to edit the wiki, however if you do not create an account, your IP address will be visible. If you don't wish to edit something yourself you can always suggest an edit here.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 9
  2. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

I was not aware of a wiki existing, for TSW. Thanks for the link.

3. 333talgo

333talgo Well-Known Member

I discovered the TSW wiki a couple of weeks ago. I think it's a good idea. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  4. NorthRail1

Added some more information to original post

5. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Great share! I'll pin this

- Jay

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fabrizio520

Fabrizio520 Guest

Congratulations to the authors of TSW WIKI.
    The proof that in the world, fortunately, there are still technically excellent people.
    Really done very well. Methodical, detailed and precise, as I like.
    And we're only at the beginning ...
    ;)

7. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Great web site really well done and very useful. Especially for beginners to TSW.
    Noticed there is not NTP timetable.
    Link https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qhs2cccrcu8edg/Northern%20Trans-Pennine%20Service%20Mode%20Timetable.pdf?dl=1

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. NorthRail1

Over the past year since I made the original post in this thread, the Train Sim World Wiki has grown massively, with more contributors and more knowledge of the wiki than ever before. When this thread started, the wiki had only 100 pages, a figure which has now doubled to over 200 pages over a year later. Due to the growth of the wiki, I have set up a discord server where people can discuss Train Sim World and the Wiki, and help contribute towards the expansion of the wiki.

Link: https://discord.gg/Zkgs8YC

• Like Like x 3
  9. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Keep up the great work, thanks to our poor work computers I am unable to log in and post on here while at work so the TSW Wiki is a great substitute to pass the time.

• Like Like x 1