The Riveria Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mikey_9835, May 13, 2019.

1. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

The Riviera Line is a scenic route in the UK from Exeter Central to Paignton.

This route spans roughly 28 miles between the two stations offering gorgeous views of the Devon coastline.

This route holds a special place in my heart as I have many fond memories travelling on this route when I was a kid and it would be fantastic to play this route in TSW.

Stations:
    From North to South the route includes the following stations...

Exeter Central
    Exeter St Thomas
    Starcross
    Dawlish Warren
    Dawlish
    Teignmouth
    Newton Abbot
    Torre
    Torquay
    Paignton

The line speed is restricted to 60mph maximum and reduces to 40 mph after changing at Newton Abbot.

Rolling Stock:
    Ideally the route would be set in the modern era.

Class 220 Voyager
    [​IMG]
    The voyager would be a great addition to TSW. It is a common sight on this route.

Class 142 Pacer
    [​IMG]
    Whether you love them or hate them you cannot deny they are an iconic piece of history. The Pacers would be a great addition to the route flaunting their new GWR livery. Alternatively a 153 would also be great.

Class 802 IET

[​IMG]
    A new addition to the line these Intercity Express Trains would make for a great addition to TSW as it's a bi-mode locomotive, which means it can run under both diesel power and electric power. Since the route is not electrified, it would have to run under diesel power. Alternatively a HST would suffice as well.

I didn't include any freight trains since they go off to Plymouth via Newton Abbot, however i'm sure including part of that branch line could be possible.

So thats my proposal. Like I said it would be brilliant if this route was implemented one day since it's a classic route to drive on. If I have made any mistakes in my information please feel free to correct me!

A couple of images of the route:

Torquay Station
    [​IMG]

A HST by the sea at Dawlish
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

Looks very scenic indeed! And those trains are cool as well... +1 on this idea!

• Like Like x 1