Norfolk Southern Route: Goldsboro, Nc To Charlotte, Nc.

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by DKSspeed, May 14, 2019.

1. DKSspeed

DKSspeed Member

I would like a propose a route that everyone would enjoy at its FULL LENGTH (If possible). This route will give you a fair share of flat land, mountain, and high speed running through the state of North Carolina. Why such a distance? Because freight and passenger traffic! This run will provide plenty of switching, mainline running, and passenger service for all. The route also consist of many yards for freight to be spotted for local industries. Norfolk Southern, Amtrak, and CSX (Small sections) runs on this route. The route also hold plenty of history between the North Carolina Railroad, Southern, Atlantic Coast Line (Selma, NC), Seaboard, and the Original Norfolk Southern. I would more likely prefer a modern time version of this route. I would create this myself but i do not have the modding skills nor the time to do it. Below is a list of trains that runs on this route.

Amtrak
    Amtrak #19 (Crescent, Can run from Charlotte, NC to Greensboro, NC)
    Amtrak #20 (Crescent, Can run from Greensboro, NC to Charlotte, NC)
    Amtrak #73 (Piedmont, Raleigh, NC to Charlotte, NC)
    Amtrak #74 (Piedmont, Charlotte, NC to Raleigh, NC)
    Amtrak #75 (Piedmont, Raleigh, NC to Charlotte, NC)
    Amtrak #76 (Piedmont, Charlotte, NC to Raleigh, NC)
    Amtrak #77 (Piedmont, Raleigh, NC to Charlotte, NC)
    Amtrak #78 (Piedmont, Charlotte, NC to Raleigh, NC)
    Amtrak #79 (Carolinian, Can run from Selma, NC to Charlotte, NC)
    Amtrak #80 (Carolinian, Can run from Charlotte, NC to Selma, NC)
    Amtrak #91 (Silver Star, Can run from Selma, NC to Cary, NC)
    Amtrak #92 (Silver Star, Can run from Cary, NC to Selma, NC)

For fun you can run Amtrak #52 and #53, The Auto train, from Cary, NC to Selma, NC as a reroute. This has happen before.

There is way too many freight service to list. Manifest, Local/Switcher jobs, Intermodel, Auto racks, Coal, Grain, and Tanker trains stop somewhere or runs through on the line.
    There are PLENTY of branch lines that some of the trains run on. If possible, (which I doubt) the line should include a branch line (or more) that has the most industries or a short journey off the main.

This route would please a lot of people that lives in NC (Like me) and people that are NS and Amtrak fans. If this grabs a developer attention I can try my best to provide as much information that is needed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. C 70015

C 70015 Member

Cool! I'm very interested in this, high speed Norfolk Southern freight is my profession. I'm VERY interested, thanks for the proposal

3. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

We could get an NS ET44AC and Amtrack P42DC Genesis. A Genset or GP38-2 could be great for switching.

• Like Like x 1