Trainsim Keeps Trying To Re-install

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by demag, May 13, 2019.

1. demag

demag New Member

As the title says. I recently uninstalled TS because I had all sorts of freeware and odd files all over the place. I did a re-install from Steam and all went well. I verified all my local files and they checked out ok.

Now when I click on the desktop short cut a message says it's checking my drive to install Trainsim. It's like the launcher can't find the game files but everything is there where it should be.

I got so fed up with this I just let it run one time to see what would happen. It checked all the files on my C drive (which took an age) said it was all ok and launched the game. It didn't actually install anything it just checked and verified what was already on the C drive. The next time I launched the game I thought it would be ok but it started to do the same thing all over again.

Has anyone had anything like this happen?

Thanks.

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Desktop icon... do you mean one for train simulator or steam?
    If train simulator then when you installed it previously was it in the default folder or a changed folder? Train sim doesn't put an icon on the desktop by default so it may be pointing to the wrong place
    Have you tried going to the railworks folder (normally C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\) and running the railworks.exe there? (or railworks64.exe
    If those work, right click which one you want (64.exe for 64 bit, no 64.exe for 32 bit) and select send to>desktop (shorrtcut)