PlayStation If Gwe Is To Be Revised.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Rob39, May 7, 2019.

1. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Can we please look at increasing the visible distance of trains on this route.Buildings in the distance, yes bridges are there yes, signals are there, HST is disappearing into thin air. This dosent happen on RSN,NTP,WSR or MSB(apart from the cars on the transporter wagons but that I can live with).
    Train Sim World_20190507131922.jpg
    Maybe just an extra overhead mast or 2 and the trains going as far as the eye can see?

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  2. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

As GWE is an early route its why it has these issues, i wouldnt bank on it being improved unless they add an extension to it

• Like Like x 2
  3. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

It’s a shame that one of the best (if not the best) route has not received a significant update yet.

• Like Like x 4
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I think Matt alluded to issues like this in the last TSW devstream. When they first got hold of UE they tried to do too much and ended up with it not being optimised in any way, so causing issues.
    Given they seem to be concentrating on "filling out" DLC to allow variety maybe they WILL go back to GWE at some point, certainly there is a lot that can be done with it to fill blanks, extend, cross populate etc so who knows?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

GWE was a massive rush job. Certainly the worst DLC in the game, apart from CSX with it's awful lighting.

I mean, look how they mangled the bridges together outside Paddington station.... really sloppy job there, DTG.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Wow, I never noticed how bad it actually was.

7. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I would imagine once modelled, something like that would take quite the effort to correct in such a built up area.
    Move a bridge, move another out of the way, move a building out of the way of that bridge. Before you know it you've reworked a mile of scenery.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  8. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

True, I’m happy if they just improve the actual route with additional locos etc..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Looking at the real thing on google. It looks as if the steel bridge is slightly too long or the flyover comes in to early. The bridge does go under the flyover in real life, but on GWE the steel arch hasnt curved down in time. Therefore colliding into the flyover itself.
    Maybe a strategically placed crane or scaffold would have disguised it.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1