Remove Limitations From Free Cam (key 8) And Re-introduce Height-controlled Speed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Timmiej93, Jan 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Timmiej93

Timmiej93 Member

Removing limitations
    I'd like to see most limitations removed from the free camera. I almost only use it to go along the track in search for trains, or to get a passing shot of the train I'm driving, but it frustrates me that I have to go along the track, and can't get any height, which reduces how much overview I can get. To add on to that, the free cam is completely useless when you're in an underground station (Rapid Transit), since it 'spawns' outside the player accessible area, and it can't get back in.

Re-introducing height-controlled camera speed
    Just to be clear, I don't want to remove how the shift-key currently controls the camera speed, I like that. However, in TS, you could also control how fast the camera travels by increasing it's height in the world, making it possible to get the camera from one location to another very quickly. I always really liked this, and I actually miss it in TSW.

Now I understand that both these proposals are a bit immersion-breaking, since it allows the camera to go outside of areas that are made for the player to be seen. However, I don't think that really matters, since a floating, controllable camera isn't that realistic anyway (although, drones...). For me though, it would make TSW even more enjoyable than it already is.

• Like Like x 14
  2. eurocityboy

eurocityboy Active Member

Great ideas, I agree!

3. Pat Stringer

Pat Stringer New Member

Very good idea, it would be good also the camera anti - collision, a little like in Farming simulator. :)