PC New Dlc £19.99...unless You Are On Console, Full Price

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, May 16, 2019.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I hope they just haven't got round to announcing a pre-order discount for us yet but if you don't visit the PC forums, PC players are getting a 20% discount on the new route at £19.99.

Hopefully we will also get this so I am not going to rant and rave yet BUT if it stays like this I will be mad as hell. Same game, same DLC, and discounts can be done on PS4 as we saw with NTP pre-order. Lets see.

• Like Like x 3
  2. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I think it’s poor that they can’t offer the same discount on console as they do via Steam, as they say, it’s down to Sony. But I find it odd that NTP had a pre-order discount, so what’s changed?

I’m not buying this DLC as I don’t want another British route set in the 80’s. Two in a row for gods sake... but if you feel strongly about a pre-order discount then hit them where it hurts and don’t order it until it becomes cheaper. If people just accept that we have to pay full price then they won’t care and nothing will change, they’re getting that extra £££.

• Like Like x 3
  3. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

knowing Sony it’s gonna be full price probably

4. UnlimitedMagic

They should at least do a modern day route or late 90’s route

• Like Like x 1
  5. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

Yet again PC players get a price advantage.
    I will not be buying this for PS4 until the price comes down!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

DTG must down DLC price on console to 14,99€ by route. Consoles don’t have quality or future support (PS5), and PC have (Windows 12,13...)

• Like Like x 1
  7. TinTin_57

PS5 should be backwards compatible

• Like Like x 2
  8. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

It has been said before, but NTP didn't have a pre-order discount, it had a Sony 'PS PLUS' member discount. - This would have been on Sony's terms and not DTG.
    The last DLG was German, so we have not had two British 80s routes in a row either.

DTG have been pretty good with asking for user input and questions about future development opportunities, couple this with data on product usage and you may find that the customer demand is there for this era and location.
    Also, this DLC will have a lot of Locomotive commonalities with other DLC so you will find that using a certain era helps speed up development and allow more work on the route it's self.

As you said, if we don't like the price, we don't buy it.
    I am certainly not buying a single locomotive whilst it is restricted to a certain route that I already have good Locomotive choice on.

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

PS5 has already been said to be backwards compatible. And Windows 10 is supposedly the only future version which will be updated rather than renewed.
    Anyway, comparing hardware and OS like that is erroneous. DTG have no control over what Sony or Microsoft do with their hardware and OS and people who buy those consoles know that they will be out of date in a matter of months rather than years once new systems are brought out. PCs don't work like that.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rail Master

Yes but we will play with PS4 quality, not TSW for PS5. We need support!

11. ARuscoe

Are you chasing all your other games makers to upscale their products based on Sony's business decisions???

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rail Master

Sony (and MS) is the problem here. DTG can’t do anything right?

13. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

Thank you very much

14. ARuscoe

Sony and MS are the ones who will change hardware and OS that may effect how TSW in it's current form works. DTG could move all development to the PS5 when that comes out and stop supporting PS4 if that would be of help to you, but I'm sure those who don't upgrade might have something to say about that.
    The same would be true if UE support ended
    So DTG have limited options when it comes to consoles, many of which won't apply to PC.

• Like Like x 1
  15. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Sorry, I thought it was a pre-order discount not PS Plus discount.

I should have made it clear to those who didn’t understand what I meant. The last two British DLC’s have been set in the 80’s and the previous one before that is a heritage route.

I urge anyone who doesn’t want to pay full price for this DLC to save your money and wait until it comes on sale, that’s the only way we can get our message across. If they can’t have a pre-order discount or PS Plus discount then why not lower the actual base price to that of the pre-order discount pc players are getting?

• Like Like x 1
  16. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

I cannot comment regarding the base price, I don't know how it is set. I can imagine that Sony wouldn't be happy with a price INCREASE once the game had released, hence no lower price pre-release.

I think many other people have stated that licencing could be the reason for the UK DLC being 80s and heritage. BR don't exist anymore and WSR were probably more than happy to have their name, locomotives and location used.
    I can imagine that the private companies operating our rail franchises demand a good fee for use of their name, branding and set-up.

Plus, there is a huge demand for the 80s routes from people who have great memories of that era, with the nostalgia factor playing a large part. Many people take anything current for granted in this world then get all emotional when it is replaced. Strange really.

17. TinTin_57

If you use TS19 as an example, it's been running years with loads of DLC of all eras. TSW is relatively new and I bet over the fullness of time there will be routes covering all interests, modern and back in the day. I think TSW just needs time to build up it's DLC catalogue that's all.

• Like Like x 2
  18. UnlimitedMagic

So I might get a p.c with ts19