Ts19: All Americans!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, May 20, 2019.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Written by: Gary Dolzall.

Smokebox will soon bring two more classic 1860s Union Pacific 4-4-0 “American” type steam locomotives to Train Simulator!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 5
  2. sem34090

sem34090 Member

Out of interest, when might we see some British routes set before 1948? The Yanks seem to get plenty of them, thanks to Smokebox, but any chance of us getting a few?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Irascible_SAP

Irascible_SAP Member

Yikes! Another item to add to my ever growing list of must-haves from Smokebox.

I live in the UK and despite my obvious bias towards routes & locos from my own country, I consider Smokebox to be the best developer of steam locomotives for TS2019.
    His attention to detail is second to none, for example on his FEF-3 you can zoom right in as close as you like and find he has gone into minute detail to include small details such as locking pins on bolts, individual rivets, makers plates behind smoke baffles that you would never see unless you looked for them etc - the list goes on. Then there's the scripts, so many features. Lord only knows how much time, patience and stress headaches those involve!

The one thing you can immediately tell when you look at a Smokebox loco, is that it was a labour of love. When you're driving one of his creations and you're looking at all the intricacy and "little details" you can tell that he really loves the locomotives he creates and knowing that, only serves to increase the pleasure of driving them.
    Then there was the time he took a whole afternoon off from whatever he was doing to teach the cantankerous idiot writing this post how to drive Jupiter properly - you cant get better customer service than that, what a top bloke. I cant say that about any other developer in my experience.

I have said this about Smokebox for years now, viewers of my stream are probably fed up of hearing it by now, but credit where credit is due!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Smokebox

Smokebox Active Member

Thanks very much for the kind words, I really appreciate them. I'm so glad when someone notices all the details in the model and understands how much work went into making them!

• Like Like x 2